Notices

Oil pan needed

Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oil pan needed

After dropping a rod thru the oil pan during the Ocean City race, I need to find a new (used)oil pan. Anyone have an extra pan available??? The block is a 1979 tall deck BBC, not sure which Generation # this would be?
Thanks,
Bob G. Lock'd Up the engine racing
732 864- 9724

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 07-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a Gen 4 as mentioned.

Bob if you are just looking for a stocker, I have a couple. Let me know if you don't find anything local. Coming to harrison in a week?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Daredevil, Thanks but 500 is a bit steep fro me right now.
Fantastic, The boat is going to Harrison without me. I'm letting the guys race it who are rebuilding the engine. How are you making out with the Sunsation? Are you going to race it?
Bob
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need a pan Bob let me know and i'll get one sent out. all I have is the standard metal ones, 8 qt I believe. Can send over a pic of what I got. A local one may be quicker tho - give the perfomance marinas in your area a call. Most would have one stashed somewhere I'm sure.

Sunsation project got stalled. Decided to get the phantom finished so I can get it on the market before the boating season is totally over. Prolly end up jumping in something for harrison and st clair then be over in your neck of the woods with the sunny. Have most everything for it, so a couple week thrash session and it could be ready. But who knows, this year is flying by!