Notices

St Clair

Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Clair

We're about ready to leave and heading out to St. Clair for the weekend!!! See you all soon!!!

Chris
Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered

Have fun Chris, Tell Tony I said Hello.

Bryan Haupt
D & M Motorsports
All Jack'D Up
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Bryanh,

will do that for you!

Chris
Old 08-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

The Bilgerat is on the way, Won't be racing, but can't wait to get there, and see some friends. Daredevil was right I sure am jealous of all those still running, .....maybe i'll get to next year. KIDS >>>BRUSH YOUR TEETH GET IN THE CAR LETS GO!!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

stop by in indy for lunch at PEPPERS
Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Have to do that on the ride home. Sounds like a good idea though, Don't you guys have some race stuff in there, the kids will like that.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:47 AM
DTD
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris - did you get your ride in JD Byrider? I saw them go out late, but weren't up to speed. Did they have a problem or was there just too much pleasure boat traffic? Hope you got your ride - bet it was fun and I am jealous! Paul
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Hey Paul,

No, I didnt get a ride in JD BYRIDER. They had a mechanical problem on right engineduring their test run and they were trying to find parts to replace. I spoke with Mark about 2 hours before the race, they dont know if boat is a go for the race as they havent tested after problem was fixed. JD BYRIDER got huge and good lead at the beginning of the race until they had to drop out of the race due water line popped out on right engine. So all I can say is that it was just happened, that's all. But all I know is that Tony will hold until it is my time to ride in JD BY RIDER.

However, I had soooo much fun hanging out with Tony and his team. They are beyond awesome I ever seen in my life and I can not even describe........

Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Hey Paul,

No, I didnt get a ride in JD BYRIDER. They had a mechanical problem on right engineduring their test run and they were trying to find parts to replace. I spoke with Mark about 2 hours before the race, they dont know if boat is a go for the race as they havent tested after problem was fixed. JD BYRIDER got huge and good lead at the beginning of the race until they had to drop out of the race due water line popped out on right engine. So all I can say is that it was just happened, that's all. But all I know is that Tony will hold until it is my time to ride in JD BY RIDER.

However, I had soooo much fun hanging out with Tony and his team. They are beyond awesome I ever seen in my life and I can not even describe........

Chris

Hi Chris!

It's to bad that you didn't get your ride in JD BYRIDER, as it would of been an experience of a life time. It's also to bad that JD BYRIDER had a problem with the boat as they had established a huge lead in the race. I had the pleasure of meeting Tony on Saturday and like you had stated, Tony and his Team are "Awesome". It's people like Tony Marcantonio and Tom Abrams who are some of the best ambassador's of the sport of Offshore Powerboat Boat Racing, World Champions and super nice guy's. BTW it was great to meet you Tony and thanks for the T-Shirt. Chris I guess we will have to wait to next year to meet. I also wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet Billy Martin Sr. and Billy Martin Jr. of the famed Bounty Hunter, real nice guys and it was nice to also meet James Eaton, who was walking around snapping pictures on Saturday and every time I saw him on Sunday he was on a different boat taking pic's. In closing I wanted to say that it was great to have OPA/OSS Racing together at the St. Clair River Classic and hope this develops into a permanent relationship (United We Race). I really enjoyed seeing the boats from OSS, which we never get to see except in the Magazines or on the OSO web-site. The fans who follow the sport want to have it this way and the racers will also have more competition and the race sites will draw more spectators and the sport will go in the direction it was meant to go in. Considering the poor economy which has affected just about everyone, St. Clair was still a success and is still one of the best Offshore Powerboat Races around. Great job by the BWORA and all the many volunteers it take to put on this great event every year and the racers and their teams who make it all happen for the fans. Thanks You!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

AB,

I agree with you. Looks like we will have to try again and meet sometime soon!!!

It's nice to see OPA and OSS joint together to make races more fun and I have not seen OSS in St. Clair since 2006. I hope to have bigger boat count next year at St. Clair!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.