MIA's in St. Clair >

MIA's in St. Clair

Notices

MIA's in St. Clair

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIA's in St. Clair

Just a little disappointed in the fact that so many regulars that show up in St. Clair went missing this year. I understand the times are tough and I hope that is the reason for the lack of teams that showed this year. I always thought that teams loved our setting and facilities and hope that is not the reason for sitting out this years event. With all the hype of OSS and OPA joining forces for this race we all were excited to see the numbers that used to show for this race but never materialized. We kind of hoped that with Harrison and Michigan City scheduled close that teams would make all 3 races. Just hope that OSS and OPA continue to put differences aside and race together. If they could get SBI to race here that would be quite a show also. Anyway, my hats off to all the race teams that did show and the enjoyable action that we did see and hopefully the economy will improve and teams will once again try to make it to our race venue.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought 49 boats was a pretty good turn out?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

49 boats was less than in past years was all I was saying. Everyone around town just thought that with OSS and OPA combining for this race we would have more boats show than did. Our disappointment was not with the boats that did show but the teams that have been coming here for years that sat out the race.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 AM
psmith
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who was there from OSS????
Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Outrageous should make the rest of the races, starting a new bussiness keep us from MI.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

We wanted to race StClair real bad, but did not have the money to do so. I sure hope things turn around soon so we can get to all the races. St Clair is one of the best sites out there, and the people are GREAT too.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Racer
Racer

Living in St Clair myself, I must say the 49 boat turnout was fantastic. That is probably 3 times more than a few other sites have seen or will see this year.

Some big teams are short on $ and/or have busted up boats, others have lost sponsorship. It would be nice to see them again, but the teams that did make it are the blue collar teams that bust their azzes to make the event and put on a great show. These are the teams that will make it through this ecomony and keep the sport alive.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Registered

We would have loved to be in St Claire as it is one of our favorite venues and Bluewater puts on a great event. The decision to retire the MTI after doing some glass damage in Sarasota is the only reason we did not make it. Rather than continue to run the MTI and keep patching her together, we decided to put forth 100% effort in finishing the Mystic wich has taken our team all month @ 7days a week to do. We look foward to St Claire next year and really missed you all this year
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered

well guys, great job for all those that made it. i'm sorry i wasn't able to get out there and support my friends and club with the skiffs and garveys. but i have to say the people i talked too said they had a great time and that St Clair is one of the best sites, if not the best. i also wanted to point out the just look at the situtation that this country is in and seeing that smitty, opa, and oss were able to pull almost 50 boat together to race is awesome and to do it WITH OUT any govt. bailout.

race on guys, see ya in patchgue NY
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

49 boats in today's world is fantastic! Everyone from OPA and OSS and the Jersey Skiffs, Thanks for making the trip. We would have made it but the Doctors said NO WAY! Guess I had way too much plumbing done and the chest ain't healed enough but I will be raising hell in Patchgue, gotta make sure your ALL in line. Great Race Everybody. Tony, Thank You for the play by play on the computer.

Last edited by AugiePensa; 08-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.