Formula Returns to Offshore >

Formula Returns to Offshore

Notices

Formula Returns to Offshore

Old 05-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Formula Returns to Offshore

In 1962, Don Aronow had a vision; create and manufacture the premier performance boat. His first endeavor became known as Formula Powerboats and he built the 233 Deep-V which later earned notable victories in the national offshore racing circuit. While Don had moved on to grow and sell several high performance companies, the Formula tradition continues on with his original vision. The Porter family has kept the legend alive by continuing to strive for performance perfection, something that Don would be proud of today. In addition to the current Fas3tech line of boats, Formula also offers Bowriders, Sun Sports, Super Sports, Cruisers, and Yachts to meet the needs and desires of every boating enthusiast.

Ted Porter, vice president of Formula Powerboats, is proud to announce the formation of a new team to compete on the Offshore Powerboat Association Series presented by GEICO. After consulting with Ray Pusillo of ‘Affiliated Resources’ a powerboat racing promotions and sponsorship agency, the concept of getting Formula Boats back in the mix was conceived, Ray proposed that TnT Racing, is the best candidate for the new alliance.

This new team, named “Formulaboats.com”, will utilize the 382 Formula Fas3tech, which has several national and world titles on its resume. Tabbed to be in the cockpit are Scott O’Connor of Bradenton, FL and Trent Weyant of Palm Coast, FL. both from TnT Racing. In addition to the resume of the 382 Formula Fas3tech, Scott and Trent bring several national and world titles to the team as well as achieving the first ever Triple Crown, obtained by winning the Florida, National, and World Championship in the same season.

Ted, also the president of Precision Performance Engineering (PPE), is joining forces with Trent Weyant and TnT Racing, adding the offshore team to compliment his highly successful U-5 and U-7 H1 Unlimited Hydroplane teams. Highlights include winning the 2006 ABRA National High Points Championship and the 2009 Oryx Cup UIM World Championship.

Everyone involved is looking forward to showcasing the Fas3tech technology as well as continue the winning tradition and add to the legacy of Formula Powerboats.

For more information about Formula Powerboats go to www.Formulaboats.com . You can also follow the "Formulaboats.com" Offshore Race Team at www.tntoffshore.com
and the H1 Unlimited “Formulaboats.com” team at www.u5racing.com
Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

good to know! Formula are known for great boats, maybe not as much for fast boats, that might change !
Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
good to know! Formula are known for great boats, maybe not as much for fast boats, that might change !

They are certainly known for a great looking, handling family performance boat with lots of room in the cockpit, cabin and for comfort.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Trent,

I know you worked your azz off for this.

Gimme a call, you know I'll help any way I can(at least in Florida).
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with this new endevor! If you are in need of a good throttleman, let me know, I'd be proud to wear the Formula colors!

Dave
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raced for Formula back in 2000 the Porter family are top notch. The 38' fast tech may not be the fastest in the flat but will be hard to beat in big water. Congradulation to TNT. Welcome back Mr Porter. Jo
Old 06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Could someone tell me why Formula did not contact any of the f2 teams that suported Formula and raced all over the country and paid over $200.000 for these boats! Teams like Total Marine F2 32, Moral Hazard F2 42, and others that still have there raceboats. Even Treadwell Motorsports 2000 World & National Champion with Eric Treadwell and Jack Stoerlle ( RIP Jack we all miss you). I was in ocean city and saw the new team in action and was disapointed. I am sure these are good racers and just need some time to get it together but when you are being sponsor by one of the best boatbuilders in the country you need to have it all together before showing up. I am sure Scott Porter would appreciate that. Howard Richardson F2 19
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Howard i was thinking the same thing when i talked to Formula they blew me off.
But congrats guys i hope it does work out for you. Get that boat ready to race.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Right Place, Right Time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.