Team Apache in Harrison- Chiro One >

Team Apache in Harrison- Chiro One

Notices

Team Apache in Harrison- Chiro One

Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Apache in Harrison- Chiro One

I can say i have my first official race under my belt. What a battle it was with Simmons. From my perspective, we were caught off guard with the green flag as we were looking for Formula off to our right. We see green flag and Simmons takes early lead. They had couple mph on us at first. I knew i could take them in the turns. Wow, does an Apache turn or what. Now i know what they mean by "theres nothing like an apache". At around lap 3 as we come up to turn 2, i noticed the turn buoy was completely separated from the turn boat in which there was a huge gap. I watched Simmons as he swung wide and went for the turn boat and I went for the buoy. As we came out of turn 2, we were in the lead, the chop got bigger, and the apache started to charge hard. I can say, even though we finished first, got the checkered flag, felt like a star, we official finished in 3rd. Great experience. Please be patient with me as i am learning about this crazy sport and how to handle a beast out there. See you all in St. Claire
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Congrats on your first race.....Jimmy is going to be tough to beat....he has been doing this for a long time, and he has been fighting flying condos for awhile......but there is nothing better then racing against the best...it will only make you a better racer.....and once Trent comes out from the cabin of that Fomula from eating dinner and gets comfortable in her...that will be another tough boat to beat...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

You guys looked great out there and were running really well with the Simmonater. Thats a really hard team to beat, a lot of time in that boat and its dialed in. From watching you from turn 3, it was choppy but not rough, you guys were running the same speeds but the apache was running much flatter. Its going to be a lot of fun watching you two battle in the future.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Congratulations on your first win! Your baot ran really well!! Hope to meet you at St Clair!

Chris
Old 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doc,

You and your team are truly class acts on and off the course!!! Hopefully soon we'll have something for ya and at least make it interesting and have even more fun.

Cya in a few days

Trent
Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hey Doc, welcome to Offshore Racing 101. For this class you learned.

1. Always call into race control on 78 when you enter and leave the race course for practice. We like to keep tabs on you guys.

2. If a turn bouy is dislodged, you still need to negociate that same location, so take a wide turn around the turnboat and let the bouy drift.

3. Watch out for anchor lines

Your next class, Offshore Racing 102, starts this Saturday. Bring your notebook and a smile.

See ya there,
Ron
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Job,

Ask Trent how it is chasing that boat in a 29 Fountain
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for the lessons Ron. Will do better much better Sunday.

P.S. I dont know anything about anchor lines
Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good points Ron!! Do me a favor and let me know when the class on what an OPA milling circle is so I can attend
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Good points Ron!! Do me a favor and let me know when the class on what an OPA milling circle is so I can attend
We didn't mill because Race Control gave me an immediate green light to get the race started as we were concerned about potential rain that never came.

We usually mill for a few minutes while the course is checked from the air.

We like to keep you guys guessing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.