Class 3 for 2011

Notices

Class 3 for 2011

Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
dont even think about class 4. It aint gonna happen!
Why Not? If Class 2 boats run in class 3 why cant we run in Class 4?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purnell
that would be great, there's the unleashed boat, it would b nice to run against that. no seriously tryin to decide to do work on the boat for class 3 but, to run against big power like last year isn't worth it. so i will give it another month to see who will b runnin or we r going to slow the boat down for class 4.
Originally Posted by BobbyB
First off, it will not be allowed to run 4. Ask OPA why. Its not fair to legit class 4 boats. Chiro 1 should bump up to 3 as well.

secondly, even if it was allowed, it would kill the class. open boats cannot compete with canopied boats of the equal size and power. Thats like a SVL running class 5. Aint gonna happen.

If we bring back class 2, there should be no problem.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Racer
Racer

That's why the reinstatement of class 2 might be something for the OPA to look into.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

First off, it will not be allowed to run 4. Ask OPA why. Its not fair to legit class 4 boats. Chiro 1 should bump up to 3 as well.

secondly, even if it was allowed, it would kill the class. open boats cannot compete with canopied boats of the equal size and power. Thats like a SVL running class 5. Aint gonna happen.

If we bring back class 2, there should be no problem.
I understand that completely. But why is it fair to us in class 3?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

You guys have a 100+ MPH boat. Why you dont think you can compete in class 3, is hard to understand. TKO was a class 2 boat. No one denies that. Im not really sure what the bull can run, but maybe they belong in 2 as well. That leaves you guys. Will you run all alone in 3? If Chiro one bumped up, would it be unfair for you too? Its pretty embarassing that you guys would even consider running in a 85 MPH class, knowing you can easily do 100 - 105. You guys are a legal class 3 or even 2 boat. Stay where you belong and take care of your own house. Dont come ruin ours, it already has issues.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dont come ruin ours, it already has issues.
Could you please fill me in on our issues? Besides some personal differences(off the race course) between some of the racers, I was very pleased with how Class 4 was handled and operated by OPA in 2010.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Racer
Racer

It's not fair ... but lets not take one classes problem to another class.

Talk with Smitty about bringing back class 2.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Glad you guys brought this up. Think about this. As much as I hate change, if it for the better, lets look at it.
SV seems to be dying. Unless two or three more come out, There is no reason to support that class. Back to class 2
So....if class 2 comes back that moves Bull and TKO there, with the SV's. Class 3 then becomes a 90 mph twin class. class 4 then becomes an 85 mph single V class. The only problem is that some of the class 5 boats my want to move up to 4 and hurt the boat count in class 5. Just a thought. lets have some in put. Smitty
Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Glad you guys brought this up. Think about this. As much as I hate change, if it for the better, lets look at it.
SV seems to be dying. Unless two or three more come out, There is no reason to support that class. Back to class 2
So....if class 2 comes back that moves Bull and TKO there, with the SV's. Class 3 then becomes a 90 mph twin class. class 4 then becomes an 85 mph single V class. The only problem is that some of the class 5 boats my want to move up to 4 and hurt the boat count in class 5. Just a thought. lets have some in put. Smitty
I would love nothing more than a 85 mph single engine class. However, I think It would dillute class 4. I dont think Teams like Simmons, Formula, or Jersey Outlaw would be happy in class 3. On the other hand, if the bigger faster class 5 teams move up to 4. Then you could merge class 6 with 5. Just my opinion, or Maybe not.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing

Interesting ideas..

But as Bruce said would Simmons, Team Formula and the other twin engine class 4 boats want to move up?

Plus no class 4 boats with twins but you will still have a couple class 5 boats with twins ?? not really a big deal but ......

Plus what about Purfect Cat (sp?) he was a single class #4 "cat" that fit into the 85mph speed shall we say "perfect" would be get bumped?

Not bashing just posting questions that I'm sure will come up.. but what ever is done expect PFE to show up in at least 1 boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.