Notices

Rule change?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone start a poll. what takes precedence: going the distance or staying under the bracket? Answer that and you have your answer.

Personally I see both sides but still say: going the distance.

Going to be a looonnnnggg winter for sure
Old 12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Someone start a poll. what takes precedence: going the distance or staying under the bracket? Answer that and you have your answer.

Personally I see both sides but still say: going the distance.

Going to be a looonnnnggg winter for sure
breaking out you have control over (build a boat for the class not a 90 mph class six boat)

breaking down you do not have control over.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
breaking out you have control over (build a boat for the class not a 90 mph class six boat)

\Breaking down sucks especialy on the last lap winning a race.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by sbracing
I understand your point, but I disagree. Essentially, breaking out is cheating. You should be disqualified. Therefore, anyone else that is not disqualified, no matter how many laps they ran, should be ahead of a break out boat.

Rich
Joker Powerboats 611
Agreed.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
\Breaking down sucks especialy on the last lap winning a race.
Been there, Patchogue 09 maybe a quarter mile from the finish line. . . . . . ouch!. . . . but thats racing. Broke a fuel line and filled the bilge with blue 114, could'a been worse in retrospect .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave

Sure but should you potentially win a race you never finished either?

Just always seems weird trying to explain to people why a boat that never finished ends up ahead of those that did. Just seems backwards.

Again if it stays the way it is I like the disqualified terminology better. Disqualified trumps all.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I do understand all sides. But if breaking out is thus condsidered a DQ, this can open the door to still get 1st place points.

Example: There are only 3 boats runningin the class that race day and all 3 boats breakout .... should if be in fairness that 1 of those boats get 1st place points.

I understand there is a fine line in making this decision, but is this fair now to teams running that have not broken out?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lets look at this another way car bracket racing my super gas car that will run 8.90 but on throttle stop i run 9.90 if i red light lm done if i brake on the line im done if i run 9.89 but the other car runs 9.85 he broke out more than me i win these simple rules will keep everything fair .Also my boat as a example will run far beyond 70 mph limit when its proped big so even with a small wheel its possible to break out so are we cheating? I dont think so i just made a boat that gets from 45 to 70 in a hurry to win at this type of racing thats one of the key elements . (but you have to be racing at the checker flag to be winner not drifting or on a tow rope)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First place no breakout
Second place next boat behind first place boat with either no breakout lowest breakout.
The rest of the class follows suit right down to the break down boats from who broke down first to last.
Again i will use us as a example in orange beach we lead from start to finish in the first race only to blow a coupler as they were waving the checker flag at us we got last place or really third place because sb racing ran the bat boat over no crying here we broke were done.

Last edited by gary cook; 12-16-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: none
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gary cook
so are we cheating?
If you break out, you have exceeded the maximum speed stated in the rulebook, therefore, you are cheating. Not in the sense of an intentional rule infraction, but nevertheless cheating. If a team can't keep their boat in the speed bracket they registered in, then they should move up or build a boat that fits the spirit of the class.

It is unfair for the teams that follow the letter of the rules and have a breakdown to finish behind a team that breaks the rules by exceeding the maximum speed of the class.

The simple solution is not to break out.

Rich
Joker Powerboats 611

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.