Atlantic City Race postponed >

Atlantic City Race postponed

Notices

Atlantic City Race postponed

Old 05-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Atlantic City Race postponed

Just read on WWW.NJOFFSHORE.ORG that the race has been post-poned till September.
This just gives me more testing time to break in new engine.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I heard same weekend as nyc....great
Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Smitty has been working on this up until the last second. I'm sure an official release will come out soon.

So gear up for Sunny Isles Beach as the first race of the season. See www.offshoreevents.net for all the info and discounted hotels.

The plan is to do AC sometime between Louie's race in Long Island and Soloman's Island. Smitty's working on it, so he' fill you in when details are available.

See ya in Sunny Isles Beach!! This will be a joint event with the run to Bimini and Back on Friday and then the 20th Anniversary Poker Run for the Florida Powerboat Club. And don't miss Betty Bang's Bikini and swimwear show on Friday night!
Attached Thumbnails Atlantic City Race postponed-beach-bikinismjpg.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

OPA PRESS RELEASE
Welcome to the 2011 OPA racing season. We tried to move the AC race into June this year to help free up our busy September and October race schedule. All was going well, the permits were in place, funds were being raised, but the complication came in when we found out that the Golden Nugget was purchasing the Trump properties the same week as the race. Unfortunately, this created too much confusion to promote a successful event. Although the Golden Nugget is very excited about the event, they would like to see it at a later time in the season. We are looking to place it further down the race schedule and the date will be coming soon.

We are, however, preparing for our first race to be in Sunny Isles, Florida, on June 17-19, 2011. Please go to the OPA website at www.oparacing.org Sunny Isles page to get all of the information about the race including the host hotels. They are filling up fast, so please reserve now.

The final touches are in progress to secure a TV deal for the 2011 racing season. We will be announcing updates on that soon. OPA is looking forward to another great racing season and we look forward to seeing everyone in Sunny Isles, Florida. Thanks, OPA Racing
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Sorry folks, in an attempt to free up the schedule in august and september, I was pressing the time frame to move AC into June. All would have worked if not for the sale of the property.
However, AC is still active and funded. Just need a date to run it on. Working on it. Should have something shortly. Sorry for the inconvience. Smitty
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Racer
Racer

Thanks Smitty, now we can probably make the race since June was not in the cards for us
Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Thanks Smitty and OPA nothing ever comes easy and we all know how hard every body @ OPA work to make these races happen. Looking forword to Sunny Isles
Old 05-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll be there
Old 05-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered

I think they just wanted to wail till the later in the year so the water will have time to get BIGGER.

Thanks for all your hard work Smitty and gang.
Seeya in Sunny Isles.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HighPriority
I think they just wanted to wail till the later in the year so the water will have time to get BIGGER.

Thanks for all your hard work Smitty and gang.
Seeya in Sunny Isles.
You mean MORE BIGGER LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.