Sunny Isles beach

Notices

Sunny Isles beach

Old 05-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Lets discuss what you would like to see. Prize money or travel money.
If you could talk with my boss and arrange some time off for travel.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I did and made her an offer she couldn't refuse!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
What did we do in Orange Beach? From a 50k purse, pay every boat that takes a start $1000 and from the left over money, give it to the first place teams.

SIB Purse is 35K - take it from there.
Watch what you say Ron! Thats not true. Remember?

I dont mean to get off topic here, but since Trent brought it up, What's the purse, how is it divided and most importantly, how long will it take to get paid? Money is extremely tight this year. I know we don't race for the money. But the money helps us race.

I made this suggestion before. Why not divide the purse by the number of boats and pay it out accordingly. That way the class with the most boats get the big piece of the pie.

Example
35,000 purse divided by 35 boats = 1,000 per boat

class 6 -6 boats, = 6,000
class 5 - 10 boats, = 10,000 purse
class 4 - 7 boats, = 7,000
class 3 - 3 boats = 3,000
and so on.......
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Travel. See you guys there
Old 05-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron P
What did we do in Orange Beach? From a 50k purse, pay every boat that takes a start $1000 and from the left over money, give it to the first place teams.

SIB Purse is 35K - take it from there.
Thanks for the incomplete answer! Since I am advised to "take it from there" ok heres a stab at it

35k purse established, based on the fact that OPA offers 13 classes that equals out to a purse of $2692.31 per class

With you stating the OB scenario, 1000 is 2% of 50,000 so therefor 2% of 35,000 equals out to $700.00 per boat

I apologize that I had to assume, but I asked a solid question and requested concrete answers and was instructed to figure it out for myself.

With the above scenario, TnT will gladly vote for the travel money. If you should chose to give a concrete answer to my aforementioned post, then we would be more than happy to re-evaluate and cast our vote to where it would be in the best benefit of the 98% of regular OPA race teams that will have to travel approx 20 hrs(or more) to make this event.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Trent, let me help you out here.
Last year Sunny Isles pd 35K, I added 10k to the purse, because the SVL's and the SS wanted to come. Paid purse 45k
This year Sunny Isles has 35k , and I will add the money for the SS class. Ryan Beckley got in touch, and we told him we would pay the class. Havn't heard a word from the SVL's so the rest goes to the 7 OPA classes. 35 divided by 7 is 5k a class.
Not all classes have to take the purse the same way. Some can do purse some can do travel. Money will be pd in Sunny Isles. Smitty
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick

if anyone can help you get time off 2 Trick Rick, It definitely has to be me......Arrangements have been made but I must warn you, judging by my screen name your reputation will never be the same, lol how ever you can always take Augie's deal but i cant say for sure which one is the lesser of the two evils, LMAO
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

How about paying 80% of the purse money to the teams in the way of Tow Money. Then take the 20% and pay just the winners in each class.

That would give 28K to tow money divided by who shows up and then the 20% give $1000 to the winner in each class.

How's that work for ya?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Racer
Racer

Man I'm ready to F@#$%ng bust, I'm come on here time after time and read the same S*$t over and over again. I just have one question, how many people on here have actually done something to improve Powerboat Racing? I hear the same thing year after year, 1st from the racers, how much are the purses? do we get gas money? hotels? food? television? parts for our boats and even more stuff I'm too embarrassed to mention. How many here have really and I mean really courted a sponsor or sponsors? 2nd is the race sites, the municipalities want to know who's paying for the Cops, Firemen, Ambulances, Patrol, rescue and salvage boats, the environmental people, the sanitation people, insurances and there is more believe me. 3rd the incessant *****ing and moaning about the sites, there too far, I didn't like my spot in the pits, the hotel is 3 miles way, I mean WTF? I though we boat racers were tough? lol
What I'm driving at is if you live in an area that has a race site and you are a racer how about helping or offering your services, and maybe someday this sport will rise to what it should be, until then I will do what needs to be done. Thank you, Louie
Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

That sounds good Ron, most want to know definatively what to expect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.