Sunny Isles beach >

Sunny Isles beach

Notices

Sunny Isles beach

Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I spoke with Gary and we have some things in the works.. The Traffic Light adult entertainment club(sponsor) will have a couple of there girls tow the boat down for us. Gary and I will fly in Friday.

problem.. the girls will arrive Thursday and we will need some OPA member to volunteer to look after them and show them a good time.. you know, make them feel welcome.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
So let me ask a simple question. How stupid do you think we look, when Optima calls wanting to ship batteries, and I have to say, I only have four registered teams. Here is an 80 thousand dollar deal, and you guys cant even register. Allan spent two weeks getting all your paperwork mailed to you, Ron and I spent four months putting that deal together, Total lack of respect. If you want the sport to grow, do more than expect.
Smitty you have a very valid point! I do apologize for being one of the guilty parties.I'll blame it on the economy like everyone else.We weren't sure we were going to be able to even race this year.It looks like we will make it to Sunny Isles.I will get my registration in on monday.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally, someone that gets it. Well said Mark
Old 05-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
So let me ask a simple question. How stupid do you think we look, when Optima calls wanting to ship batteries, and I have to say, I only have four registered teams. Here is an 80 thousand dollar deal, and you guys cant even register. Allan spent two weeks getting all your paperwork mailed to you, Ron and I spent four months putting that deal together, Total lack of respect. If you want the sport to grow, do more than expect.
We are registered.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Ok, I spoke with Gary and we have some things in the works.. The Traffic Light adult entertainment club(sponsor) will have a couple of there girls tow the boat down for us. Gary and I will fly in Friday.

problem.. the girls will arrive Thursday and we will need some OPA member to volunteer to look after them and show them a good time.. you know, make them feel welcome.
Rick you know I'm very busy but for you I will watch the girls as long as need be. Louie
Old 05-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Registered

Default Crossing my fingers

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick

I would love to volunteer my time, after all I trust me so you should to....I will be well behaved. I will take the girls to a knitting class, volunteer at a few Senior communities, and of course we all will go to church.....like I said I trust me so you can too....
Old 05-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy1
Prize money or tow money,Sunny Isles is a great event, and defintately worth the trip.We are also very fortunate to only have to pay annual registration fees and not additional fees for each and every race.Despite difficult economic times,there are many positives for OPA .OPA has a staff of VOLUNTEERS that give up thier time and money so that we can race!Each race producer also has a staff of VOLUNTEERS that do the same.Remember to take time to thank these people at each and every race.OPA has a great schedule planned for us that offers varying water conditions to help level the playing field.There are also a number of new teams planning on racing the OPA circut this year.Lets do whatever we can to help make thier racing experience as enjoyable as posibble so that they keep coming back.It is also great to see sponsors like Teague and Optima supporting the OPA.Lets make sure that we all do whatever we can to help them maximize exposure and increase sales.

We all need to work together to continue to improve OPA.I know that I am willing to help in any way that I can.
Well said, Mark
Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

My personal opinion here, but if any teams have questions about anything official regarding OPA they should contact Smitty directly through e mail/phone/PM etc...

All this forum stuff is great, but we should keep the official stuff (such as payout complaints) private. It does nothing to further our sport by bickering in public. Every team at one point has had an issue with something OPA has done, we are all indviduals with different opinions, but the bottom line is OPA is here for all of us. It is our organization. Taking Smitty or anyone else in OPA to task for a decision or action and then posting it on the internet is not constructive criticism.

In the professional motorsport organizations I have been involved in (Grand-AM, IMSA) the teams know the organizations are there to promote the series. The better the series, the better it is for all the teams. They may not like all the decisions, but they accept that the organizations motives are for the betterment of everyone.

Rich
Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sbracing
My personal opinion here, but if any teams have questions about anything official regarding OPA they should contact Smitty directly through e mail/phone/PM etc...

All this forum stuff is great, but we should keep the official stuff (such as payout complaints) private. It does nothing to further our sport by bickering in public. Every team at one point has had an issue with something OPA has done, we are all indviduals with different opinions, but the bottom line is OPA is here for all of us. It is our organization. Taking Smitty or anyone else in OPA to task for a decision or action and then posting it on the internet is not constructive criticism.

In the professional motorsport organizations I have been involved in (Grand-AM, IMSA) the teams know the organizations are there to promote the series. The better the series, the better it is for all the teams. They may not like all the decisions, but they accept that the organizations motives are for the betterment of everyone.

Rich
Rich

I can debate this topic with you and others all day. But I wont do it on the public forum.

The gallery is not silent. Just holding its tongue
Old 05-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Bruce,are you turning over a new leaf? holding your tongue?lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.