Possible low turnout in St. Clair >

Possible low turnout in St. Clair

Notices

Possible low turnout in St. Clair

Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible low turnout in St. Clair

Could the reason for the possible low turnout be that the St. Clair race and the Port Huron race are trying to combine points and payout? With Michigan City following St. Clair as usual, is that keeping some boats away from St. Clair this year knowing that they have no intentions on racing Port Huron? In the past St. Clair has always had a good showing of boats even though not everyone is racing the same circuits, and after St. Clair some go to Michigan City and the others just return home. With Port Huron trying for the 4th time or so to have a race, and figuring if they piggy back onto St. Clair's success, could they be in fact jeopardizing the turnout at St. Clair this year? St. Clair was started after Port Huron failed repeatedly and have made it a success. I hope the racers recognize this and do in fact continue to show up in St. Clair and put on the show like they have in years past as St. Clair does deserve it.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mighty Mac's coming to both races just haven't responded yet trying to figure what truck were bringing. The combine points may be a problem for some. Personally I like the races back to back as long as nothing breaks
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

boat count will be fine.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Yep lots of teams checking in. Not to worry
Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan
Could the reason for the possible low turnout be that the St. Clair race and the Port Huron race are trying to combine points and payout? With Michigan City following St. Clair as usual, is that keeping some boats away from St. Clair this year knowing that they have no intentions on racing Port Huron? In the past St. Clair has always had a good showing of boats even though not everyone is racing the same circuits, and after St. Clair some go to Michigan City and the others just return home. With Port Huron trying for the 4th time or so to have a race, and figuring if they piggy back onto St. Clair's success, could they be in fact jeopardizing the turnout at St. Clair this year? St. Clair was started after Port Huron failed repeatedly and have made it a success. I hope the racers recognize this and do in fact continue to show up in St. Clair and put on the show like they have in years past as St. Clair does deserve it.
Just sit back and enjoy the races. Both sites are working their tails off. All will be fine.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:06 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

to all who are concerned about low turnout at St Clair...Please trust Brian (Dry pits Mgr) and Smitty from Wazzup...like they said, boat count is good....most of teams don't want to post a public comment on OSO to see who will show up or not. Every teams have their own surprises so stay tuned for their surprises...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

No info on oparacing.com for St. Clair, do we call St. Clair Inn direct?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fastedy
Ask julie. She knows the details.....

Chris
Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fastedy
I'm waiting on the same information. I was told the info will be available soon.

I also noticed that on their website that they still had the "long course" chart, I've been told it's the short course again this year
Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Exclamation

UPDATE 7/14/11 1040pm est
BWORA President Approved Release:

Everyone,

Everything will be just fine. I just got home from the BWORA meeting. There are no outstanding problems that should prohibit anyone from attending this wonderful event. According to calls received the boat count is on the rise with more and more folks calling daily.

Please make all necessary preperations for attendance. Racing, Entertainment, Good Food, and hours of spending time together as larger family, have all been lined up for you.

I know there are many folks with different opinions, but, after hours of discussion and thought - I know we are going to have a great time together, and enjoying a sport that we all love and enjoy.

The BWORA web site has been updated to reflect the short course. Racer packets also have this infomation as well as a schedule of events.

Thanks to you huge support last year with our "autograph session", the fans have asked for its return. We will be holding this again this year as well.

Thanks for all of your support and time,

Brian Kowalski
BWORA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.