Question about Huron

Notices

Question about Huron

Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Question about Huron

I know passports are now needed to enter Canada, but are they needed for the event?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for asking that question! I am the chairman for the Port Huron races. We have organized an autograph/meet and greet session in the U.S. as well as one over in Canada.

Since Canada does not have the thrill of the boats on their side, (The wet/dry pits are on the U.S. side), we are asking all drivers to attend the autograph signing, and meet their Canadian race fans.

I have worked this issue out with Border Patrol, so that coming back through is a quick process (we will be boating across). I have created an Advanced Manifest, and need to list all drivers that are coming to the autograph signing on there. Essentially pre-clearing everyone, so they can just run down the list and check everyone off. This way you will not need your passport.

If you plan on attending, I will need the following information from you:
1.) Full Name
2.) Citizenship
3.) Passport #
4.) Date of birth
5.) Boat Name

Additionally, I will need that information for anyone that you plan on taking in your boat across the river with you.

If you have someone that you plan on taking with you, that does not have a passport, that is fine, as we have worked that out also Contact me, and I will let you know what I need in that case.

This information can be e-mailed to me personally at [email protected]. Or you can call my office at (810) 984-3420 and ask for Courtney. I will take down all the information and complete the process from there.

Hope this helped clear up your questions.

C.Goerlich
International Offshore Powerboat Race, 2011
Chairman
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

What if the Driver/Throttleman have neglected to get passports over the past few years? Ill email you

Johnny