Notices

Class ?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big engine is over rated in my opinion. my magnum ran 81 on my 540 Crockett engine. we had to have 510 in A class so he did a 498 engine and we ran 84. I never would have believed it if I hadn't experanced it[at Orange Beach APBA WORLDS].It really boils down to power to weight ratio. the magnum weighed 5900 lbs, the joker weights 4400 lbs.turning the magnum tight scrubbed the speed off too much took to long to get it back.The Joker takes tight turns with little loss of speed. P.F.E. has the combo. to watch. Kevlar Hull very light great accel. without a big engine. most anyone in the class can run 70 plus.UNTILL TYLER & I GOT OUR ACT TOGETHER WE BROKE OUT PLENTY The big H.P.didn't put us in the winners circle.Lets all hope P.F.E.keeps running pussbucket engines and the nation has a BONDO SHORTAGE. GRUMPYG
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default class ?

Johnny im going call your dad tomorrow tell him to pull you out of school and stop wasting his money because he is sitting on a human dyno goldmine think of the shops that will have to close down because they cant compete with human dyno.
Just think you can walk up at offshore race say rev it up thats 625.8 hp your also pretty accurate

George im not feeling the love over here .
But i did buy a drum of bondo and lots of red paint for 2012.
We are also ready for 2012 with a 500 or 600 or 700 and a real big one for loto .
Just gota figure out this breaking out problem we have note i said we its a team effort over here at p-f-e racing.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

I've only run 1 class 6 race at Solomans but felt a good start and carrying speed through the turns is more important than horsepower. I run an old style 496 maybe 550 hp. Frank told me I broke out above 70 more than anyone else. I will control my speed better next season.

I think the current limits of GPS (70 mph) & max 26 ft v hull is all that is needed.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by gary cook
Johnny im going call your dad tomorrow tell him to pull you out of school and stop wasting his money because he is sitting on a human dyno goldmine think of the shops that will have to close down because they cant compete with human dyno.
Just think you can walk up at offshore race say rev it up thats 625.8 hp your also pretty accurate

George im not feeling the love over here .
But i did buy a drum of bondo and lots of red paint for 2012.
We are also ready for 2012 with a 500 or 600 or 700 and a real big one for loto .
Just gota figure out this breaking out problem we have note i said we its a team effort over here at p-f-e racing.
Just wait till I figure out correction factors
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a little something for all you guys in class 6 George and I own all of you !!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Class ?-0061-0702-2817-4316_sm.jpg  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Racer
Racer

It's not my fight, but, I think success revolves around three things
1. Start Position
2. Drivers Skill
3. Engine Builder's Skill

Start is luck of draw so it's even
Drivers Skill is mostly equal
Engine builder is the key, you have to build the power to maximize the hulls performance at 70mph. That includes prop, ratio, and engine hp/torque/rpm to match each other. This is where Tyler has the biggest advantage.

Currently, I see pretty stock engines which are like running a corvette against a full blown race Z06. And monster motors with big Hp/torque but with peak power above their break out RPM.

I think you should have simple rules in place that can be inspected by opening the hatch post race, but not penalize those who know how to set up a boat to win

Form experience chasing some with that big of an advantage is difficult and costly.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Racer
Racer

Default class ?

The only thing you are going to own is when i pass you is my middle finger going up and im not telling you that you are number one .
Remember you cant put enough power into that joke oh sorry joker to run at loto with us you better pick a different class.
You better be nice or no chicken salad for you and i was going to bring some up this week.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Gary, we really love you guys, however ever since you put nitrous on my street hot rod the RPM stops at 3800. now it seems to me you are confused . The Crockett Rockett is the Boat you should try to limt at 3800 not my car.I do agree with you, to attempt any horse power limit would open an endless line after the race with lots of shouting as the protesting would go late into the nite, with nobody going away happy.I would suggest----no kevlar hulls, no high rise two 4bbl. manifolds,cubic inches limited to something less than you have---possibly 454. Seriously guys P.F.E. custom built my hedders and installed a nitrous system on my street Hot Rod. If you need some work done Gary is a first class fabricator.Im' bad! grumpyg
Old 10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by gary cook
The only thing you are going to own is when i pass you is my middle finger going up and im not telling you that you are number one .
Remember you cant put enough power into that joke oh sorry joker to run at loto with us you better pick a different class.
You better be nice or no chicken salad for you and i was going to bring some up this week.

We beat you down all year St. Clair and Port Huron and we did not even have to go to LOTO this year because your 95 mile an hour slug could only go 88 bahaha !!!!!!!! You better be able to run 105 plus if you want to run with us ............or stay on the couch with your dog !!!!
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Racer
Racer

Default class ?

Tyler are they going to let you do a time run on i-70 for loto while you are still hooked to the truck because thats the only way that thing is going to go 105.
By the way with the puss bucket in the boat this weekend it went 92 and still pulling oh my and thats the baby engine.

pretty soon i will have to put a 6 cyl in it to slow it down.
Its going to be a long winter for you to worry about the woppin your going to get in the spring.

Tyler give me a ring in the morn

Last edited by gary cook; 10-24-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.