Costs for 5 or 6 season??

Notices

Costs for 5 or 6 season??

Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Costs for 5 or 6 season??

Not including parts/failures.....

Average cost for a season of racing......fuel, transport, lodging, entry fees, etc.......NO FRILLS!!!!!
I know there will be hidden costs, and breaks just like in any motorsport. Just trying to get a baseline.

Mike
Old 12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Its $1000 for the boat, $150 per person, and PFE claims $1000 per race for food, hotel, and travel for four. That gets you to roughly 9-10K. Add lifelines and helmets (another 1000), various fees are probably another 500, and the GPS is 500 if I remember correctly. You come up with a figure a little under 15K if I did my math right.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike,
I race a class 6 boat, 606 Lock'd Up Bandit. I'm based out of NJ. The biggest expense by far is fuel to tow to a race. I raced Sunny Isles, Port Huron and Soloman Island. I spent approximately 4,000.
I usually arrive on Saturday am, this way I save one night on motel, restaurant fees. I also leave Sunday night after the race for the same reasons. I usually don't drink and often skip the racer party. I also avoid purchasing pictures at the race, but buy them in the off season, or if a special is offered. By making reservations months ahead of time, you can usually get better rates. My girlfriend always prints out coupons for restaurants (Olive Grarden, Friodays, etc.) Before leaving. I didn't have any breakdowns with the boat. My driver does mechanical work on my boat in exchange for driving. Hope this information helps.
Bob
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Mike,
I race a class 6 boat, 606 Lock'd Up Bandit. I'm based out of NJ. The biggest expense by far is fuel to tow to a race. I raced Sunny Isles, Port Huron and Soloman Island. I spent approximately 4,000.
I usually arrive on Saturday am, this way I save one night on motel, restaurant fees. I also leave Sunday night after the race for the same reasons. I usually don't drink and often skip the racer party. I also avoid purchasing pictures at the race, but buy them in the off season, or if a special is offered. By making reservations months ahead of time, you can usually get better rates. My girlfriend always prints out coupons for restaurants (Olive Grarden, Friodays, etc.) Before leaving. I didn't have any breakdowns with the boat. My driver does mechanical work on my boat in exchange for driving. Hope this information helps.
Bob
So bob....roughly whats your costs being frugal?
Thanks Mike
Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FandRRacing
Its $1000 for the boat, $150 per person, and PFE claims $1000 per race for food, hotel, and travel for four. That gets you to roughly 9-10K. Add lifelines and helmets (another 1000), various fees are probably another 500, and the GPS is 500 if I remember correctly. You come up with a figure a little under 15K if I did my math right.
Hmmmm..
I figured gas & tolls would be a killer.
I 95...is a rip off!!!!

Wonder if a prius will tow a 24????
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Sunny Isles Florida was about $ 950.00 in fuel-round trip.
One thing to keep in mind, last year class 6 voted for "tow money" instead of "prize" money. What this means is: if the class has $5,000 prize money, and 10 boats show up to race in class 6, each boat would receive 500.00 tow money. I believe most boats in class 6 will vote for this again.
What type of boat are you considering racing? You can also save money by buying good used jackets/helmets etc. There is a nice Lifeline jacket for sale on the www.donzi.net site for $250.00
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Mike,
Bob And Pfe Are On The Money. I Averaged $1,000 Per Race. Just Like Bob. Arrive Saturday Afternoon And Leave After The Race. My Wife Gives Me A Cooler With Snacks And Drinks For My Son And I. Make Sure You Get The Hotel With The Free Breakfest And Subway For Lunch Or Dinner.
Jeff - Country Service Auto Transport - Boat # 623
Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab63
Not including parts/failures.....

Average cost for a season of racing......fuel, transport, lodging, entry fees, etc.......NO FRILLS!!!!!
I know there will be hidden costs, and breaks just like in any motorsport. Just trying to get a baseline.

Mike
Just a rule of thumb take you paycheck max out your credit cards and look in to a home equity loan that should about cover it. And dont count on to many people to help you out money wise. allot of people will tell you they have sponsors lined up and the check is in the mail. Every one want to race but no one wants to pay!!!! Some of us have been very lucky with people on our teams who can do allot of the hard work and pay to repair what breaks, This works out very well if you find a person that you can trust. I was very lucky this year having 1 of those guys. Without him there is NO WAY in hell I could have raced this year period. for that reason he was able to take the boat to some of the races I could not make and he fixed anything he broke, We even came away with our first CHECKERD flag this year. So my point is it's going to coast you way more then you will ever plan on or can afford to spend but you wont regret 1 second of it.
PS Thanks to Rob Matt and li'l DOUG
Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
I think Sunny Isles Florida was about $ 950.00 in fuel-round trip.
One thing to keep in mind, last year class 6 voted for "tow money" instead of "prize" money. What this means is: if the class has $5,000 prize money, and 10 boats show up to race in class 6, each boat would receive 500.00 tow money. I believe most boats in class 6 will vote for this again.
What type of boat are you considering racing? You can also save money by buying good used jackets/helmets etc. There is a nice Lifeline jacket for sale on the www.donzi.net site for $250.00
Pantera 24. Class 6 tow $ would be huuuge!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jjake0623
Mike,
Bob And Pfe Are On The Money. I Averaged $1,000 Per Race. Just Like Bob. Arrive Saturday Afternoon And Leave After The Race. My Wife Gives Me A Cooler With Snacks And Drinks For My Son And I. Make Sure You Get The Hotel With The Free Breakfest And Subway For Lunch Or Dinner.
Jeff - Country Service Auto Transport - Boat # 623
I like ramen noodles so its all good!!!
Thanks jeff!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.