A few racing questions >

A few racing questions

Notices

A few racing questions

Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default A few racing questions

I am not interested in racing the boat myself (V24BatBoat), but I am thinking that I would like to see somebody race it for a few races. It would be great exposure for our cause, and I suspect that it could be alot of fun just being a part of the atmosphere.

For those of you that own a boat and don't race it, or those that race a boat but don't own it, what kind of arrangements do you have? What do you do with expenses? How does liability work? Who fixes what broke? Is it worth it just to do a few races? Can a guy borrow one of the GPS's? Any info would be great.

We are located in eastern Iowa but do most of our boating at lake of the Ozarks, so it is a pretty good haul to the East/Southeast coast.

BTW, I have boated all of my life, but frankly I don't have the balls to race the boat. I figure that if a guy is not comfortable, he could be of danger to himself, and all of the other racers on the course.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I figure that if a guy is not comfortable, he could be of danger to himself, and all of the other racers on the course."

Yeah....That happens all too often in the sport.

You can get someone with very little, to zero, race experience to race your boat and pay to do it...The most experienced racers you will have to pay to race.

I'm VERY familiar with the bat boats....What power do you have in it?

Cheers mate
Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The financial arrangements are totally up to you. Each team is different. Some split the expenses, some trade maintaining the boat for a seat. Some guys get paid. There are plenty of guys that will bring their experience and some cash for a seat. You need to decide on what your program needs. Same goes with the responibility for damages.
Whether it is worth it for a couple of races? You will have to decide. If you race with OPA you will find a group of people that you will soon call friends and will do anything for you. It is hard to put a pricetag on that.
I'm sure a loaner GPS can be found.
Feel free to ask any of us questions you have.

Rich
Joker Powerboats 611
Old 12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

I have had a couple of people tell me that they may be interested (both have experience), I just did not know what was typical as far as any kind of an agreement. I don't have the desire to pay somebody, but it would be nice to be able to defray some of the costs if we were to do it. I would think that for somebody that wants to drive, it would be a good setup.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

The biggest expense is the boat. If you are willing to make it avaiable to someone who wants to race, but doesn't have the budget for the initial investment, it can be a win/win. There are plenty of experienced people out there that would be interested. (And you won't have to pay them)
Just get the word out what you are looking to do.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Call Jeff When You Get A Chance. 718-924-5938
I Have An Idea. You Tell Me What You Think.

Jeff - Country Service Auto Transport - Boat # 623
Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=36Tango;3568943] It would be great exposure for our cause, and I suspect that it could be alot of fun just being a part of the atmosphere.QUOTE]

What cause are you trying to get exposure for, if you dont mind us asking??
Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Pwrbt33;3569125]
Originally Posted by 36Tango
It would be great exposure for our cause, and I suspect that it could be alot of fun just being a part of the atmosphere.QUOTE]

Pink ribbon if I remember the boat correctly?

36tango dont forget costs to set up a closed boat for racing safely.

Last edited by scarab63; 12-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

What cause are you trying to get exposure for, if you dont mind us asking??[/QUOTE]

My mom is a breast cancer survivor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRz0lXOMn8

"36tango dont forget costs to set up a closed boat for racing safely."

What costs are those? I have the helmets, intercom, radio, 5 point harnesses, racing jackets, full face scuba masks, etc. I lack the actual scuba tanks. I plan on sending it all back in to have it checked out by SRP.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
My mom is a breast cancer survivor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRz0lXOMn8

"36tango dont forget costs to set up a closed boat for racing safely."

What costs are those? I have the helmets, intercom, radio, 5 point harnesses, racing jackets, full face scuba masks, etc. I lack the actual scuba tanks. I plan on sending it all back in to have it checked out by SRP.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your good then. It was just a friendly reminder, in my experiences when I think im all set and have everything required...I dont!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.