It's official the New York Race is at Smiths Point Park

Notices

It's official the New York Race is at Smiths Point Park

Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by louietherigger
This years Battle will be an ocean race in front of The Flight 800 Memorial, this a huge park, on blacktop, crane and ramp is at the same spot 1/8 mile from dry pits, and oh yeah did I mention it's an OCEAN RACE!!! The date is August 24th, 25th and 26th 2012, stay tuned for more info, Thanks, Louie

PS; Mikey does our bet from last year still stand?

I am going to have to meet with my people to see what they say.

Great Job!!!! Looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imax
Louie,

Heard the meeting went well today!!! Great News !!!

I'm sure there are only a handful of people here that can appreciate the effort and dedication it takes to persevere through all the hurdles, roadblocks and political egos involved in organizing this type of event. Most sane people would just give up and say it's just not worth it...

Thank God Louie the Rigger is a bit touched

Louie responded to all of these obstacles with determination and fortitude and most of all professionalism, pride and dignity...

Congratulations on securing a GREAT venue for this year's "Battle on the Bay". We are all looking forward to making this a Premier OPA event.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, I have to say there are a lot more crazy people then just me involved in this race and you are one of them lol. None of these races are done by one person it's a group effort. Not to mention I think our group is the best! We should add a race site committee competition at the races, like a tug of war or something. And no Mike, we not gonna have a Karaoke Challenge lol. Unless you want to.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Nice job Sweet Lou. I look forward to more details. I'm curious about all the other festivities for the weekend, I.E., street party, etc. I will stay tuned. From a fans standpoint, thanks for everything, it is appreciated.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Louie that awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ocean baby!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by imax
Louie,

Heard the meeting went well today!!! Great News !!!

I'm sure there are only a handful of people here that can appreciate the effort and dedication it takes to persevere through all the hurdles, roadblocks and political egos involved in organizing this type of event. Most sane people would just give up and say it's just not worth it...

Thank God Louie the Rigger is a bit touched

Louie responded to all of these obstacles with determination and fortitude and most of all professionalism, pride and dignity...

Congratulations on securing a GREAT venue for this year's "Battle on the Bay". We are all looking forward to making this a Premier OPA event.

Bruce
An "DIS" is why Louie The Rigger is CONSIGLIERE of THE FAMILY ! Great job making "DEM" an offer they couldn't refuse.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

AWESOME!!! Great job Louie!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Killer!