Notices

Tawas bay

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Acknowledgement

It's special to be acknowledged publicly by someone. Thanks Kelly. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the weekend. Thanks Dee for posting these emails.

Ray, Rob, and Dolly
Knot Guilty #644
2nd Place Class 6 East Tawas
Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Here's another

in a email dated June 25, 2012
from Kelly Frank

I especially appreciated the conversations the members of Maxed Out and Knot Guilty took the time to have with my Dad, who looked like a kid again talking racing with them. My boy, Rudy, who works at the Ben Franklin, stapled all of your fliers together Friday, and walked around town like an absolute hot shot because he had met the "main man", as he put it, from Wazzup. How cool!

Hope you'll consider coming back next year. You've got friends in the Tawases!

Good luck this season and stay safe,

Kelly Frank
AWESOME!!!! Just proves what all of us said, East Tawas is an awesome place and we all cant wait to get back there next year!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Here's another

in a email dated June 25, 2012
from Kelly Frank

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how much my family and friends wholeheartedly enjoyed the OPA experience this weekend in the Tawases. The drivers and crews were so accessible and friendly. We enjoyed meeting and speaking with your people in the dry pits at the Yards, seeing the machines up close while parked on Newman Street was a thrill, and the races themselves were an absolute blast! When my boys got sprayed on the dock they went crazy, and I have to admit, I did too! My throat hurt from cheering so loud, and my cheeks hurt from smiling all day long!

I especially appreciated the conversations the members of Maxed Out and Knot Guilty took the time to have with my Dad, who looked like a kid again talking racing with them. My boy, Rudy, who works at the Ben Franklin, stapled all of your fliers together Friday, and walked around town like an absolute hot shot because he had met the "main man", as he put it, from Wazzup. How cool!

You know, the best comment I heard about the weekend here had to be when somebody said, "I was waiting for East Tawas to tip over. All of the people kept walking toward the dock for the races. So many people were down there I thought that end of town was going to sink, and the other end tip up sky high." Funny, huh?

Anyway, gentlemen, we were excited as all get out the week prior to your arrival, and I'll tell you what, your stay here was even more than we could have ever expected. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Hope you'll consider coming back next year. You've got friends in the Tawases!

Good luck this season and stay safe,

Kelly Frank

Was only our second race but had an amazing time hanging out with and meeting everyone. Locals and other racers!! Everyone was extremely helpful and the local spectators were AWESOME!! Excited to get this boat back together and hit the rest of the races this season!! Letters like the one above make all the thrashing on these boats worth it!!!! Not to mention nobody on my team got thrown in jail friday night so i think the cops even liked us! lol, Tawas is a GREAT town!!!! We had a blast!

Frank
BAD NEWZ 613