Notices

class 6 rules

Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good thing that everyone is running low HP I was getting worried that the 350 with an Alpha one Gary put in the old PFE boat wasn't going to be enough.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Be cool to have a couple open class 6 races in the future with no break out speed!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

Default HP's

I can tell from many years of experience, you will need to be pushing 600 horse or better to be competitive in class 6.

We are repowering for 2013.

The only exception to the above, would be running a Riendel boat with 300 HP in really big water. Pretty much a guaranteed winner with the right crew.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
Well we finally stripped the Joker down to fit what we can use in the SVL, now who needs a 351 Ford making over 500 HP!?!?!?!?!?! It ran great in our boat!! We'll even sell it with the motor plates.

Let me know!
Which SVL did you buy?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe
The only exception to the above, would be running a Riendel boat with 300 HP in really big water. Pretty much a guaranteed winner with the right crew.
I don't know about that. I think any boat has a chance in the right water with the right crew. Smith Brothers won many many races with the least amount of power in class 6 for many years. Every class 6 team has a chance next season, we all ran good this past season, there was a few uh ohs in all the races. I know that for a fact, I was one that looked to my side to see a boat I didnt think I would see there! HAHA!!! That makes it fun!

Bruce: We didnt pull the trigger this season, the finances just wasnt there for us. Maybe next.