Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Is there a class2 in OPA, and/or can there be one? >

Is there a class2 in OPA, and/or can there be one?

Notices

Is there a class2 in OPA, and/or can there be one?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
Hey Johnny, I've reread what I wrote and I can see how it could construde as rabble rousing. That's not really my intention. I have no intention of standing up being a newby and try and turn your class upside down. I was just thinking out loud and meant no offense. I built my boat for the 85 bracket but got trapped with SBI by accident. Thnks for being friendly and helpful, you will get nothing but the same in return from me. And if you want to be an ass on the course go ahead, I have big shoulders and can take it and am not afraid of getting banged up a little bit. :-) All that being said on the days that it roughens up enough that we're not running up to 90 or 95 or whatever it happens to be ( which seems to change daily) its kinda nice not to be running against a computer.
Hey ittl be hard for me to be an ass when Im behind ya learning a new boat
Im glad I didnt annoy ya too much.
See ya in AC my friend.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WE'll be there, do I need ear plugs? lol
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Not unless you dont like Rock N Roll! We wont let Trent near the mic I promise
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still fuzzy on how a 5 mph speed increase will make a change in the current state of competition. Whether the breakout speed of a class is 200 mph or 205 mph, teams will build boats that will exceed the max speed.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now Johnny before this too out of hand, and its obviously misconstrued by everyone that we are arguing and hate each other(your texts in the past hour show me the true relationship as good friends) but if you have some time, go back in my posts back to 2007 and you will see that I have always called it "computer racing". I raced in it as well, F1 & F2 no longer existed, didnt really have many choices. More importantly, I was able to produce and every now and then surprise surprise, win a championship or two( heres the kicker, they werent National Attendance Awards either lol). Why do you think the manufactures have pulled out? Because the bracket stuff does not showcase how well their product runs against similar products in a hp to hp scenario. I've ran for two major and one custom manufactures through the years and have been in the meetings as to why they have no interest or desire to be apart of our sport any further.

I understand that you are at a disadvantage at seeing what has happened over the years(first hand) with your age, however, do you know what the intent of "Fever Mike", Mr Allweiss, and Mr Miklos was when they created "P-Class"? Did you know the magical 85 speed in OPA was designed around 1 boat? That boat has since retired. When there was 10-15 boats in Class 5, didnt you also agree that there were only two boats that couldnt run 80 safely? Last year the boat count in Class 1 was 2-3, Class 3 was 1(for the better part) Class 4 was primarily 2, Class 5 was 2-3 and Class 6 brought 10-12 consistently. I am talking race in and race out. You dont see a problem? The sport is bigger than you and I and always will be. You and your father are two of the best racers out there.

Your rough water comment... OPA races are run mostly on lakes and rivers bout a 80% to 20% ratio. Call me an idiot, hell I am, but I'm going to build a boat to win 80% of the time and hope and pray my body and boat make it through the 20%........

Call your cousin, call Henderson, go back in your memory, heck call Smitty... Everything I have said, didnt come to me in a dream about last night and posted today. Its been discussed and talked about for years with you among others. I want our sport to be the sport I know it can be and whether I race again or not, I have payed my dues and know a little bit(far from everything) of what is going on. I am not saying my way will fix anything, but merely a suggestion for discussions that need to be had to make our sport better.

Its ok to agree to disagree, and I am a firm believer in the fact of "if it aint broke dont fix it" I'll fill ya in on a little secret.....It's broke. Now how can we cost effectively make it better?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sbracing
I am still fuzzy on how a 5 mph speed increase will make a change in the current state of competition. Whether the breakout speed of a class is 200 mph or 205 mph, teams will build boats that will exceed the max speed.
Thats where your suggestion of a max limit comes in... Also my basis is to consolidate classes, which brings more money to each class, which will entice more racers to come out or at least bring some of the parked ones back into action. Look at the avgs above of class count over the whole 2012 season, now class 2 is wanted back and you want to spread it out even more? I'll get on the OPA site and come up with class count averages before the weekend is up in order to produce accurate numbers
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Class 2 coming back should eliminate SV...wont really effect anything except making a killer class 2. Id also bet all of the Class 3 boats move up...so were really making 2 classes into one.
All raising speeds will do is eliminate boats. I garuntee there are guys out there that cant afford to buy new props, change gear ratios and build power.
There is absolutely no reason to change anything with 4, 5 or 6.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered

Who said anything about changing power? That would be the last thing to do...... Like I said before you didnt see a lot of stuff, but your Krypto was run in P4(2003) with a stock sealed 500 EFI against Augie's condo back in the day. Now it has ballpark 650 and has been put in 5.....

Side note: It won a race or 10
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Driver-441
Racer

The Krypto isnt the only boat that races these days lol
Take Barry's Cigarette for example, or Whoz Your Daddy, or Country Service in C6...i dont think any of them can just "squeeze another 5mph out and still be competitive.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 01-12-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

since your cousin just found out about the boat, I have to go to dinner and kiss some azz but look at my proposal, I said nothing about changing anything but a decal in 6, speeds and 26, no trs, etc etc just change it to 5 and keep at 70

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.