Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
TYPHOON on Pawn Stars >

TYPHOON on Pawn Stars

Notices

TYPHOON on Pawn Stars

Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was the last time I ever watched the show. It was just too fake. If they actually bought that boat they took a major bath on it.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive learning in life that most things are all theatrics
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered

I saw the episode, the boat was a mid eighties 31' Chris craft Stinger with one motor down completely, and the other not running. They gave @ $16,000. LOL, they took it to a shop where for about $5,000. they rebuilt one engine , refreshed the other, completely buffed out the oxidation on the gelcoat, and redid the crappy interior. (wish that shop was close to my house!). Then some joker (expert) tells them and the viewers that the boat is worth $37,000. That's when I knew the show was Bull****
Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Yup al for show jusy for rating. Every show is similar. the towing shows, pawn shows, storage shows. Its all fixed for entertainment.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Yup al for show jusy for rating. Every show is similar. the towing shows, pawn shows, storage shows. Its all fixed for entertainment.
I watched the episode where they bought the "Silent Scope 2" video game console (full size arcade model). It is languishing on their ebay account for $1599 (they bought it from the guy for 600 or 700).

The most clever thing they did was sell the silver coins with the old man's engraved picture on them. They bought the 30 lb brick of silver from a customer and Rick had it made into coins that they are selling for double the silver's actual value ($65 is the price on ebay). So it is a souvenir that could actually go up in value.

Not sure you will ever see those guys in the shop if they are pulling down millions of dollars a year as "quasi- tv celebrities."

http://myworld.ebay.com/goldsilverpa...p2047675.l2559
Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

you would be better off to come to detroit and get on Hardcore Pawn. Its just like on TV the People are crazy. I was there and on the season 3 finallie.