rule changes and meeting 2013 >

rule changes and meeting 2013

Notices

rule changes and meeting 2013

Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zipp Express
There is already a distinction in the class (example 3-79) which is the 300 class. I don't see a need for a change as this would mean teams would have the expense to redo uniforms, boat #, hero cars, trailer and support vehicles numbers, etc, some teams have built a name around there #, and some teams maybe superstitious about changing there #, I think this could cause some teams some unnecessary expenses,
I respectfully disagree.The numbering system is in place for the scorers and the fans.Our sport is hard to enough to follow with multiple classes out on the course at once.Even being an insider I have watched a race and was totally confused as to who was racing who.If your racing in Class 2; your number should be 277.And in the big scheme of things changing vinyl numbers on a boat is not very expensive.Back in the old days,if your numbers did not meet rulebook guidelines you would not be scored period.Again,just my opinion.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread needs some input from Smitty Allen Ron and anyone that makes these desisions in OPA. We need someone to point us in a direction? I know for a fact that no one person not even Smitty can handle all this stuff alone, Does OPA have any type of race site coridinator? A person that could actualy plan where and how the boats should be displayed and pehaaps make sure all teams are equiped with the propper sponsors logos and displays? I remember back in the day when Alen was kinda inchage of parking and stuff like that? Do you think Amsoil and Geico would like there stuff on everyones shirts and vehicles? I know a couple casses of oil and some SWAG goes a long way in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waterboy1
I respectfully disagree.The numbering system is in place for the scorers and the fans.Our sport is hard to enough to follow with multiple classes out on the course at once.Even being an insider I have watched a race and was totally confused as to who was racing who.If your racing in Class 2; your number should be 277.And in the big scheme of things changing vinyl numbers on a boat is not very expensive.Back in the old days,if your numbers did not meet rulebook guidelines you would not be scored period.Again,just my opinion.
I agree 100%, Thank you for bringing that up.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Agreed, makes everything simpler!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gary cook
.............. Just some useless thoughts
How many you got in that head?
Old 01-28-2013, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Does OPA have any type of race site coridinator? A person that could actualy plan where and how the boats should be displayed ....
Yes they do.

For example: Brian Kowalski handles all 3 races in Michigan. Hence the reason he does roll-call for those races. Quite Frankly, they all have a person that is charge of pit assignment. A lot of times, it's hard to do as he might not have a complete list. (You can only rely on OSO so much. Not everyone is on here.)

Sometimes, there are teams out there that come in and just park where they want. (Sometimes they move when asked and sometimes they don't). As I learned myself, more so in Jupiter .... you racers get very very fickle about your pit stalls.

And Yes, there is usually one person that is deemed the chief person at every site

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
.... and pehaaps make sure all teams are equiped with the propper sponsors logos and displays?
We aleady do this when we can. Problems that are ran into is the banners are usually sent in the beginning of the season and posibly once more come august. I myself have put these out at some sites and had to collect them for the next race. Problem is usually collecting them after the race ... people usually walk of with more that 60% of the signs/banners that where posted thoughout the pits. At one race, it was acutally cut off of our tent overnight (it happens sometimes).

I can only speak for what I see going on. I am NOT talking ill against anything. All I can post is what I see and what is happening. I am working with the site coordinators with suggestions as to what I've seen that really works well out there. I am open to all suggestions, but in the end it does come down to what the individual site committee wants.

Last edited by Lucididee; 01-29-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

For the most part, this has gotten better than is has in the past. You can see here yourself http://oparacing.org/standings.html
Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

FYI - Online Racing Form Submissions will be available very very soon!

It will be glitchy, as I cannot control the settings and mail client on your personal computer. At this time it will only work on Internet Explorer & Firefox browsers. An email will be following soon with directions. (The Submit feature does not work on Chrome & Safari.) But you will have the option to still type in the information and either just print it out or to save it and send it via email.

Last edited by Lucididee; 01-28-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Sounds killer Dee!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucididee
How many you got in that head?
I have lots floating around my head and thats a lot of head to fill .

You would think i drank a gallon of read bull the way my head is buzzing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.