rule changes and meeting 2013 >

rule changes and meeting 2013

Notices

rule changes and meeting 2013

Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rule changes and meeting 2013

Ok its getting near that time when every body has been sitting around all winter keyboard racing dreaming of ways to make things better. There will be talk about a meeting before the awards and some great ideas along with some complete nonsense will be discussed. And then in the end we will all agree to disagree yet once again and all show up to race and ***** and moan. I have an idea! We have class champions which if I'm correct are supposed to represent the entire class throughout the season?i think this would be a good time to try to get this started instead of the hundreds of people trying to get there individual points across to Smitty. I also think its time to put up or shut up as far as getting new race sites developed and promoted. I have no idea how to get a race site or run a race like most of us racing but maybe if somehow we could help Smitty and the rest of the staff in someway we could better our sport instead of just talking $hit about every decision made. My last thought before I'm thrown under the bus is opa needs to get all the teams better involved in the couple of series sponsors we have to get more and keep the ones we have. Like maybe something better then a 14 inch sticker on half the boats? How about getting everyone patches for shirts? Making promotional items like tents banners and such available at the race sights and more organized events at the race sites like the autograph sessions were we could showcase the sponsors and show other potential sponsors what a great sport offshore racing is and how awesome a partnership with opa would be.
Soberly and sincerEly
Mike O
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
Old 01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Ok its getting near that time when every body has been sitting around all winter keyboard racing dreaming of ways to make things better. There will be talk about a meeting before the awards and some great ideas along with some complete nonsense will be discussed. And then in the end we will all agree to disagree yet once again and all show up to race and ***** and moan. I have an idea! We have class champions which if I'm correct are supposed to represent the entire class throughout the season?i think this would be a good time to try to get this started instead of the hundreds of people trying to get there individual points across to Smitty. I also think its time to put up or shut up as far as getting new race sites developed and promoted. I have no idea how to get a race site or run a race like most of us racing but maybe if somehow we could help Smitty and the rest of the staff in someway we could better our sport instead of just talking $hit about every decision made. My last thought before I'm thrown under the bus is opa needs to get all the teams better involved in the couple of series sponsors we have to get more and keep the ones we have. Like maybe something better then a 14 inch sticker on half the boats? How about getting everyone patches for shirts? Making promotional items like tents banners and such available at the race sights and more organized events at the race sites like the autograph sessions were we could showcase the sponsors and show other potential sponsors what a great sport offshore racing is and how awesome a partnership with opa would be.
Soberly and sincerEly
Mike O
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
Great ideas Mike...keep them coming!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

IMO, I think we should have a time we all sit at a long table and sign hero cards. we did it in St. Clair 2 years ago and as I recall had a line of fans. Good tmes as I recall.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Mike you didnt write that. LOL
MD
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered

Something simple but at the same time important.Legal numbers on all race boats per specific class rules. All bracket class boats should be triple digit numbers.All spec class boats should be two digit numbers.
XTREME numbers 0-99
SUPER CAT numbers 0-99
SUPER CAT LIGHT numbers 0-99
SUPER VEE LIGHT numbers 0-99
CLASS 1 numbers 100-199
CLASS 2 numbers 200-299
CLASS 3 numbers 300-399
CLASS 4 numbers 400-499
CLASS 5 numbers 500-599
CLASS 6 numbers 600-699
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Great post Mike!
Personally Id vote for a 39 foot limit in 4.
If I were still in 5, Id vote for some kind of a HP restriction, like Jake and Mark mentioned in the other thread.
That being said Ill be setting up band equipment why yall are hashing it out...so...pretty much whatever Jason goes for lol

Last edited by TeamSaris; 01-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the autograph signing. It should be on Saturday at the same time each event. It is a great way to interact with our fans and build our fanbase. One of the keys to getting fans involved is to make ourselves as racers accessible to the fans. It also gives us an opportunity to represent our sponsors with hero cards, giveaways, sell team shirts, etc...

Rich
Joker Powerboats/CRC 611
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
IMO, I think we should have a time we all sit at a long table and sign hero cards. we did it in St. Clair 2 years ago and as I recall had a line of fans. Good tmes as I recall.
Randy this worked out great last year in St. Claire! People had lined up down the street for us teams to sign their stuff!

It really needs to be done at EVERY race site!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sbracing
I agree with the autograph signing. It should be on Saturday at the same time each event. It is a great way to interact with our fans and build our fanbase. One of the keys to getting fans involved is to make ourselves as racers accessible to the fans. It also gives us an opportunity to represent our sponsors with hero cards, giveaways, sell team shirts, etc...

Rich
Joker Powerboats/CRC 611
Agreed Rich!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
Agreed Rich!!!!
I like the autograph thing but think figuring out how to get sponsers more involved and giving them more credit is paramount. Most people attending our races just see Amsoil and Geico on 2 boats? Seems to me they would love more exposure and maybe light a fire under other sponsers when they realize BANG FOR BUCK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.