Notices

Entry level??

Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My thought is to give people a taste. Thats why I would only do 15-25 miles. Many have bay bomber boats that they build but DONT want to destroy them. By cutting down the laps and keeping them at 60 MPH they may just give it a try. Bring what ever you want to the class. No rules just dont break out of 60 MPH. I would think a 7K-15K boat could go have some fun. IMO its easyer to get these guy's vs the 100K guy's. A couple of young guns might be able to put something together. And no moving down!!!!!
I also understand the other side of we already have classes and just show up and come in last LOL. IMO that model is a hard sell but I get it.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Possably lower the age limit if insurance would allow it. Get the younger people and more girls involved. Baby steps as they say
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
My thought is to give people a taste. Thats why I would only do 15-25 miles. Many have bay bomber boats that they build but DONT want to destroy them. By cutting down the laps and keeping them at 60 MPH they may just give it a try. Bring what ever you want to the class. No rules just dont break out of 60 MPH. I would think a 7K-15K boat could go have some fun. IMO its easyer to get these guy's vs the 100K guy's. A couple of young guns might be able to put something together. And no moving down!!!!!
I also understand the other side of we already have classes and just show up and come in last LOL. IMO that model is a hard sell but I get it.
I agree..but under the "no rules" format you would have a guy racing a 27ft Baja with a big block against someone in a 21ft Superboat.Why would the guy with the outboard boat bother.The step down factor cant be allowed.I think there needs to be speed limit and a length limit.Its the same reason Class 6 was started...the teams in the smaller 24-26ft boats could not compete with the teams in the 27-30ft boats.I also think a true entry level small boat class could bring many younger racers.Back in the USO FACTORY CLASS days...most of the teams were guys in thier 20s or 30s.Some of these guys moved up in class after a year or two as well.The class back then was 21 Checkmates 21 Shadows, 21 Challengers,21 Superboats,22 Velocities,22 Apaches,22 Progressions,24 Superboats,24 Bananas,24Panteras.Intially,it was only outboards,but they did eventually allow stock inboards which upset the competitive balance of the class.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Possably lower the age limit if insurance would allow it. Get the younger people and more girls involved. Baby steps as they say
The reason I asked about entry level is, as you can see people have many different ideas what entry level is

- Speeds
- Cost
First you need to look at what you want to achieve than work to get to that goal.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

I also understand the other side of we already have classes and just show up and come in last LOL. IMO that model is a hard sell but I get it.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing.....its not cheap .To just show up to race a XXX big hp boat and get ya ass whooped is no fun for anyone, I can guarantee that.
If your enough of a competitor to want to race, you want to compete....
Not just go for the racing experience. That's why poker runs are taking over the world. Go fast boats, like minded people & less pressure.
Run what ya brung.....its all good
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab63

That's the thing.....its not cheap .To just show up to race a XXX big hp boat and get ya ass whooped is no fun for anyone, I can guarantee that.
Not just go for the racing experience. That's why poker runs are taking over the world. Go fast boats, like minded people & less pressure.
Run what ya brung.....its all good[/QUOTE]

Yeah but racing is racing...and everything else isnt!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 trick rick
the reason i asked about entry level is, as you can see people have many different ideas what entry level is

- speeds
- cost
first you need to look at what you want to achieve than work to get to that goal.
smaller boats,slower speeds=lower cost
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63

Run what ya brung.....its all good[/QUOTE]

I've wanted to race for years but this is the reason I won't pursue it. Coming in last every time gets old quick.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by waterboy1
Yeah but racing is racing...and everything else isnt!
Exactly. & there is nothing cheap about racing anything.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

With being a newer team of young guys in there late 20's and just getting started offshore racing last year, i can honestly say that IMO, class 6 is a great entry level class!!! It is as affordable as it's gonna get as far as race boats go. You dont need monster engines and brand new hulls. Thats all BS. More classes just thins out the field even more. isnt it bad enough that there are already a few classes with less than 3 boats??? What fun is it racing the same one or two people every race? My team was excited to go race with people like Gary and Tyler!!!!! Your not going to get any better unless you race against people that are better. Most real racers understand that! Need to stop catering to people with the everyone is a winner attitude because thats bull$hit. There are losers in life. Just dont be one. .. Ive seen it in drag racing and other forms of racing, people cant win so they either b1tch about the class or make excuses why they need another class. dont need any more classes, just less whining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.