SVL in classified >

SVL in classified

Notices

SVL in classified

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Being that I was the one that picked it up at Reggie's and delivered it to Florida, I can first hand verify that it has a one step Phantom bottom. Yes the boat's bottom has been modified but no more than any other active Phantom running today. If you read the classified add, it says "Blueprinted by Reggie Fountain himself" Last time I checked, blueprinting and adding step(s) are two different ball games. After the blueprint and balancing of her, she was able to reach a higher speed with the same motor and computer that George ran with in the OSS days.

No expense was spared when at Real Fast or at the shop here in Fla and the price is less than half of what was invested in the boat over the past year. It is a steal at this price and it will be a front runner in the OPA SVL class out of the box.
Wow, first off chill the f*ck out. I slightly mislead in stating fountain step"s". I agree its still a single step bottom but from what I remember seeing the step was drastically altered from a standard Phantom step. I was only curious if it was still SBI legal since that is what the SVL group seems to be chosing to race in and I thought they had tight rules on modifying bottoms.

As for selling the boat for half whats into it, this was one of the fastest Phantoms to begin with. Most of us here know what George wanted for it and THAT my friend was a deal. Was all the $$$ put into it really necessary? We will have to wait until the season kicks off to find out....
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
The good news is in the OPA SVL class the old boats are just as competitive as a new Phantom. MD
Will SVL be racing with OPA this year? Would be great if they make the trip north and show up in force. Always great racing.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

I tried to find a pic of the work but seems to be pulled. I dig this whole blueprinting and dialing in of the bottoms as part of racing. No different than setting up a cars suspension and could keep the older boats a bit more competitive.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to 2013

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 02-27-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

A few friends have been actively looking and everyone seems to agree $40-50k complete is the going rate for stock, older SVLs. Seems about right based on what has been sold recently. Track down a reasonable 525put it back together and sell it complete Seller's really not that far off with the right deal on powertrain.

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 02-27-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
A few friends have been actively looking and everyone seems to agree $40-50k complete is the going rate for SVLs. Seems about right based on what has been sold recently. Track down a reasonable 525put it back together and sell it complete for $50k+, maybe a bit more depending on how the bottom works out. Seller's really not that far off.
40k (?) in bottom work done on one of the fastest if not the fastest SVL seems unnecessary and a cost that may be difficult to re'coup in this market.

But your about right, 40-50K seems to be the selling price of running SVL right now. but let the market decide IMHO.

Last edited by 2 Trick Rick; 02-27-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
A few friends have been actively looking and everyone seems to agree $40-50k complete is the going rate for SVLs. Seems about right based on what has been sold recently. Track down a reasonable 525put it back together and sell it complete for $50k+, maybe a bit more depending on how the bottom works out. Seller's really not that far off.
There's another 30' Phantom that hit the market today, turn key around that price range, ready to race!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TUGGIT
There's another 30' Phantom that hit the market today, turn key around that price range, ready to race!
Who's?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered

Tuggit
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Tug It is FOR SALE

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o50103-en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.