Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
SVL in classified >

SVL in classified

Notices

SVL in classified

Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=TYPHOON;3877909]. The Bad Boy boat is grandfathered in and is a 32' boat running surface. The boat was built approx 6 years ago when a 32' boat was legal in the class for OPA/OSS/APBA/SBI. The class agreed that grandfathering in that one boat and only that one boat was OK.

That is the funniest $hit I have ever heard. Do these rules just get made up during sleep time? Why would 'that one boat and only that one boat' get grandfathered in. It's too long but it's Ok? The activator is too light but that's OK? For years now we've heard how the rules are continuously being broken. I guess niether of these boats are looked at as a threat to the rest of the class.

I hear Will is building a 32. That will most likely have a sealed motor too because he said so. Let's see if that gets grandfathered in.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the funniest $hit I have ever heard. Do these rules just get made up during sleep time? Why would 'that one boat and only that one boat' get grandfathered in. It's too long but it's Ok? The activator is too light but that's OK? For years now we've heard how the rules are continuously being broken. I guess niether of these boats are looked at as a threat to the rest of the class.

I hear Will is building a 32. That will most likely have a sealed motor too because he said so. Let's see if that gets grandfathered in.[/QUOTE]

The Activator has to weigh 50 lbs more because it does not have fancy blue seals (maybe I should look on ebay). If Wil builds a 32 they will start crying that a boat two feet longer at the same weight will kill the other boats.

Last edited by extras; 03-03-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

If you dont like what you see at OPA then just race in SBI. No one is begging anyone to come race in OPA unless they want to. If you feel that you want to buy fake seals and try to pass tec then thats your call. Not everyone is trying to cheat at this level. In fact I can only remember of only 1 team that IMO was cought cheating in all the years of SVL. Not a bad track record 10 plus years.
Im not getting into the gradfathering rule. Call Smitty
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Grandfather Clause

A grandfather clause is a situation in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations, while a new rule will apply to all future situations. Frequently, the exemption is limited; it may extend for a set period of time, or it may be lost under certain circumstances. For example, a "grandfathered power plant" might be exempt from new, more restrictive pollution laws, but those rules would not apply if the plant were expanded. Often, such a provision is used as a compromise or out of practicality, to effect new rules without upsetting a well-established logistical or political situation. This extends the idea of a rule not being retroactively applied.

The concept originated in late nineteenth-century legislation and constitutional amendments passed by a number of U.S. Southern states, which created new literacy and property restrictions on voting, but exempted those whose ancestors (grandfathers) had the right to vote before the Civil War. The intent and effect of such rules was to prevent poor and illiterate African American former slaves and their descendants from voting, but without denying poor and illiterate whites the right to vote. Although these original grandfather clauses were eventually ruled unconstitutional, the terms grandfather clause and grandfather remain in use, with no connotation regarding the justness of these provisions when applied in other areas
Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mark, Chris,

Cut Randy some slack, yes I said it, those meds the Dr Smiths prescribed changed me .... He hit the nail on the head with his first sentence. Regardless of how anyone feels, he still has 6-7 followers who believe that seals and everything are the cure and fix to the class. 6-7 boats in a single class is more than what 75%(if not more) of the classes have in any org... Now yes he should have stopped after his first sentence, but that just wouldnt be Randy. When he brought up "pass tech" I snorted my soda all over my desk. When he says that only 1 team was busted for cheating(to the best of his knowledge) my first thought was "yeah, ok since only 1 team got caught, that means that no one else cheated...alrighty then" lolol

As far as the word "grandfather", more than likely a bad choice of his words on his part. Does the phrasing, "The 32' boat produced by Bad Boy Powerboats received an exemption to compete on a trial basis for the 2013 season" sound better and give you that fuzzy warm feeling???? Who cares how its phrased, its between the owner of the rig and Smitty.

This thread is about 2 boats that would be excellent OPA SVL race boats for sale. And par for the course it wavered away and is accomplishing nothing. Season starts in 51 Days 21 hours and 47 minutes of this posting. Lets all get our programs together and go out and have a fun/safe race season chasing after that elusive 8 dollar trophy...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
If you dont like what you see at OPA then just race in SBI. No one is begging anyone to come race in OPA unless they want to. If you feel that you want to buy fake seals and try to pass tec then thats your call. Not everyone is trying to cheat at this level. In fact I can only remember of only 1 team that IMO was cought cheating in all the years of SVL. Not a bad track record 10 plus years.
Im not getting into the gradfathering rule. Call Smitty
This is not about OPA or SBI it is about little blue seals that people cheat with. It has been proven thru the years. Did every boat that raced OPA have both upper and lower seals? NO. But my little Activator was the only boat that that class had a problem with not having seals. You are like a dog chasing his tail in circles.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
This is not about OPA or SBI it is about little blue seals that people cheat with. It has been proven thru the years. Did every boat that raced OPA have both upper and lower seals? NO. But my little Activator was the only boat that that class had a problem with not having seals. You are like a dog chasing his tail in circles.
Mark, Are you saying that your boat last year had a sealed 525 and that your motor was never opened up since it left the factory? Were you the original owner of that motor? Is it possible to cheat? Yes,yes,yes and yes!!!! Everyone has the right to there opinion as to what they feel is the best way. I am sorry we dont see eye to on this but thats ok.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

On the original note, TUG IT is for sale, it is turn key, race ready, and 100% legal for OPA Racing!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Penaltybox
On the original note, TUG IT is for sale, it is turn key, race ready, and 100% legal for OPA Racing!

Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Hey. At least we all know the definition of "Grandfather Clause" in FULL detail now... I swear I have learned more on this Forum stuff than I did in High School! See.. Not only do u get a bad a$$, fast boat, but you get an education. Carry On!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.