Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Absoutely Not Welcome >

Absoutely Not Welcome

Notices

Absoutely Not Welcome

Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Its still a legal boat in the SBI rules. Im sure it will run up front there. Like I said before I always thought it was a 30 foot boat. There is no more voting at this time in OPA. The new rules are being posted for the 2013 season. Looks like a strong class with 9 boats so far. Extras would make 10 if he choses to race with us.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
So did they vote or have another call to allow you to race, or did you just invest in building a poker run boat?
That's funny. They played the political game and won. Not only took away our votes but also our voice.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Is that new cool boat being measured properly? Didnt JD Byrider run into some sort of measurement issue once? If its measured the way i mentioned and that is the correct way, and it is still 1'6" too long, then Hacksaw the nose off it and take one of Typhoons sealed engines and show em whats up. Make the front end that is now Blunt, the mouthpiece of a large Duck Call painted on the bow, Get sponsorship from the Dynasty guys. Done Deal. Oh yeah ....can i drive ?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Its still a legal boat in the SBI rules. Im sure it will run up front there. Like I said before I always thought it was a 30 foot boat. There is no more voting at this time in OPA. The new rules are being posted for the 2013 season. Looks like a strong class with 9 boats so far. Extras would make 10 if he choses to race with us.
Wow that really sucks for him.. but the negitive is I'm sure other builders will think twice before building a new boat to compete in SVL. The plus is your older boats will always be competitive if no new are allowed in.

6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other so they say..
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll run in SBI, even though losing 18 inches is not a big issue. I'm sure even at 30 feet if I showed up and changed the game there would be all kinds of mid season voting going on. I would probably be weighing 6000Lbs by the third race.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And just to be clear. I have no hard feelings toward OPA or The SVL competitors. Your rules are your rules. I'm sure at some point the 'Doc' will show up with a sealed motor if that's where the majority of boats are running. And the voting will begin!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Just get it wet and throw it in the dryer for a cycle or two... that usually makes all my long sleeve t-shirts shrink to the point the sleeves end at my elbows on the first wash... on a 30 foot boat that should be good for at least 2 feet. Add a box of dryer sheets for that spring time fresh sent and your golden!!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Is that new cool boat being measured properly? Didnt JD Byrider run into some sort of measurement issue once? If its measured the way i mentioned and that is the correct way, and it is still 1'6" too long, then Hacksaw the nose off it and take one of Typhoons sealed engines and show em whats up. Make the front end that is now Blunt, the mouthpiece of a large Duck Call painted on the bow, Get sponsorship from the Dynasty guys. Done Deal. Oh yeah ....can i drive ?
We didn't have any issues with the Phantom........

Chris, are you 31'6" to the top of the transom or the end of the bustle?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can answer this:
Randy boats used to be fast. His "changes" have made it a turd. In 2010 it would run side by side with My boat in KW. Now rather than fix it and make it run properly. He would rather travel around at that embarrassing pace he displayed in Jupiter. I have 2 sealed OSS 525's A Factory sealed 525. Want to do it again like KW Randy? You can pick which 525 we use.
Steve
Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I can answer this:
Randy boats used to be fast. His "changes" have made it a turd. In 2010 it would run side by side with My boat in KW. Now rather than fix it and make it run properly. He would rather travel around at that embarrassing pace he displayed in Jupiter. I have 2 sealed OSS 525's A Factory sealed 525. Want to do it again like KW Randy? You can pick which 525 we use.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.