East Tawas Dry Pit Change

Notices

East Tawas Dry Pit Change

Old 06-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Tawas Dry Pit Change

Teams,

Spread the word the location for the Dry Pits has changed. Last year we were in the field just south of downtown, this year we will be in the DNR access. Just to refresh your memory the DNR access is where the crane was last year and will be again this year. When coming into town from the south, come all the way downtown and go aprox 1 block North of the light and the access/pits will be on your right. All parking curbs and parking blocks will be removed prior to your arrival to accomodate larger trailers and vehicles. As always if you need anything (except a million bucks) just let me know.

Regards
Brian
Old 06-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you happen to know what time will the launch close that is in that lot? I am trailering up and will stay in the marina and want to launch there. Also, do you know if I will be able to leave my truck and trailer in the launch lot?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Racer
Racer

This help?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails East Tawas Dry Pit Change-tawas.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bk1425
Teams,

Spread the word the location for the Dry Pits has changed. Last year we were in the field just south of downtown, this year we will be in the DNR access. Just to refresh your memory the DNR access is where the crane was last year and will be again this year. When coming into town from the south, come all the way downtown and go aprox 1 block North of the light and the access/pits will be on your right. All parking curbs and parking blocks will be removed prior to your arrival to accomodate larger trailers and vehicles. As always if you need anything (except a million bucks) just let me know.

Regards
Brian
You gave me a heart attack from the tread title. I thought there was a change from the DNR ramp.

Schedule of Events on the OPA & Heritage Coast websites all have the correct information.

OPA Racing | East Tawas Information

Heritage Coast Grand Prix | Schedule

Interactive map with locations: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...4&source=embed
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Do you happen to know what time will the launch close that is in that lot? I am trailering up and will stay in the marina and want to launch there. Also, do you know if I will be able to leave my truck and trailer in the launch lot?
The ramp will NOT be open to the public during race weekend nor is the launch parking lot for public parking which is being used for the Dry Pits.

I have been told that there are 2 alternate ramps within the town that can be used. Unfortunately, I do not know the names & exact locations of the alternate ramps at this time.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered

Hmmm. The marina told me the launch would be open until approx noon on Friday. I was unsure.

I'll have to investigate.

Originally Posted by Lucididee
The ramp will NOT be open to the public during race weekend nor is the launch parking lot for public parking which is being used for the Dry Pits.

I have been told that there are 2 alternate ramps within the town that can be used. Unfortunately, I do not know the names & exact locations of the alternate ramps at this time.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Hmmm. The marina told me the launch would be open until approx noon on Friday. I was unsure.

I'll have to investigate.
This was what I have been told by the committee producing the race. The Pit boss will be arriving in town on Wednesday pm and will start prepping the dry pit area on Thursday.

I do understand that this is what the marina has told you, however the trouble we will run into is if public access is allowed to the ramp as race boats, trucks, trailers, vendors, etc are setting up in the designated area, it can make for an unsafe area for the public in their vehicles. Along with the fact that you will most definitely be running into the issue of using the ramp to get the boat out of the water along with parking the truck and trailer (there is no public access to the ramp on Sunday). The approximation of time the ramp is accessible to the public is based on a speculation of the arrival times of the race teams. In essence, an approximation of noon can turn into 11am or even earlier. (Dry Pit is Open for Public Viewing at 3pm.)

I can only relay information that has been given to me and pass on the information. All I can do is suggest that there is a backup plan if you do not have access to the DNR ramp, along with making arrangements for parking your truck & trailer.

http://www.heritagecoastrace.com/schedule.html

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-07-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Registered

No biggie, I understand. I see there is a ramp at Gateway Park just a couple miles south of the race, it appears not that nice from the aerial shots. I see also there is a ramp in Oscoda, 15 miles north of the race. This ramp appears pretty nice. Ill plan on launching there if I cant in Tawas. Also, I plan on leaving on Monday, not Sunday so I wont need to get out on Sunday.

Thats the plan, Ill play it by ear.

Originally Posted by Lucididee
This was what I have been told by the committee producing the race. The Pit boss will be arriving in town on Wednesday pm and will start prepping the dry pit area on Thursday.

I do understand that this is what the marina has told you, however the trouble we will run into is if public access is allowed to the ramp as race boats, trucks, trailers, vendors, etc are setting up in the designated area, it can make for an unsafe area for the public in their vehicles. Along with the fact that you will most definitely be running into the issue of using the ramp to get the boat out of the water along with parking the truck and trailer (there is no public access to the ramp on Sunday). The approximation of time the ramp is accessible to the public is based on a speculation of the arrival times of the races teams. In essence, an approximation of noon can turn into 11am or even earlier. (Dry Pit is Open for Public Viewing at 3pm.)

I can only relay information that has been given to me and pass on the information. All I can do is suggest that there is a backup plan if you do not have access to the DNR ramp, along with making arrangements for parking your truck & trailer.

Heritage Coast Grand Prix | Schedule
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by bk1425
Teams,

Regards
Brian
I heard its a small town. When you say go past the light is it a one light town? LOL
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Keith,

You could try Jerry's Marina out on Tawas Point. Go north of town to the light at Big Boy Restaurant and turn right. This is Tawas Beach Road. About three miles down on the right is Jerry's. It is almost directly across the bay from the State Harbor. Here is their information.

542 Tawas Beach Rd East Tawas, MI 48730
(989) 362-8641

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.