Thanks to Ed and Shawn Smith!

Notices

Thanks to Ed and Shawn Smith!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks to Ed and Shawn Smith!

On a serious note, I would like to thank Ed and Shawn Smith from Cleveland Construction for everything they did for the St. Clair race, and for the racers. Once again, Ed and Shawn offered to let racers keep their boats and haulers at his marina, instead of towing everything home, and then back to Michigan for this weekend's Port Huron race. I also would like to thank Julie, the person who keeps River's Bend Marina running, for helping coordinate with all the teams and making sure they had transportation to and from the airport. I know she was also a big help with helping coordinate the racer's trip over to Sarnia as well, so thanks!

HOWEVER, on a less serious note...

While we were dropping our boat and hauler off at Ed 'Stone Age' Smith's marina, I decided to leave him a reminder about how far back he is in our friendly competition to get each of our race team's name out to all the fans. So, according to sources close to Ed, he is not the most technology-advanced person around. This same source said that he has a difficult time with the most basic computer related tasks; like turning it on. From the picture below, you can see that the monitor (basically a 1985 tv) is missing the power button at the bottom. Evidently, this is from Ed punching the computer monitor, when it does not perform as he thinks it should. So, I decided to make a new background for his computer. It was just a letter that read, "TUG IT BABY!!! Ed, you are losing this fight!! Love, Scott".

The next morning, Ed was on the phone with Anthony of Wassup. When Ed turned to his computer to look something up, he just yelled, "That son of a b*tch!". Once I heard about this, it brought a huge smile to my face. I just wanted to share my enthusiasm with the rest of you.

See you all in a couple of days......TUG IT BABY!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Thanks to Ed and Shawn Smith!-eds-computer.jpg   Thanks to Ed and Shawn Smith!-letter-ed.jpg