Defender 21 Scout

Notices

Defender 21 Scout

Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Defender 21 Scout

Defender Powerboats Inc. has re-introduced the Miami Beach "Thunderboat Row" 1980's classic, 21' Scout; designed by World Powerboat Champion & friend Bob Saccenti. The 21 Scout was originally built by Mr. Saccenti's Apache Perforfance Boat Company in Miami. Throughout time the molds found their way to Georgia where they were acquired by the Defender Powerboat Company and brought back to Florida where they are built today. The new Scout is an all fiberglass / composite boat compared to the wood stringer / transom versions built in the past.

See more photo's on the "Chief" owners forum thread : 21' Scout, making a comeback !

Last edited by PhilV30; 04-17-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

....designed by George Linder and Rich Luhrs....coppied by Saccenti
Great hull!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Great hull!
But I do believe that he was one of the few that got permission from G.L.

So is there any pricing on these hulls yet?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Smile

Great hull!
Not sure about that but it is a great hull and the Bob Saccenti deck is a classic..... All the Don Aronow design hull copies are also great ... but I think you know that
BTW (copied) is with one "p"
Old 04-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by blkmtrfan
But I do believe that he was one of the few that got permission from G.L.

So is there any pricing on these hulls yet?
I heard the same thing, guys back then were friendlier. Any questions please email me at: [email protected]
Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilV30
Not sure about that but it is a great hull and the Bob Saccenti deck is a classic..... All the Don Aronow design hull copies are also great ... but I think you know that
BTW (copied) is with one "p"
There isn't a better running hull for the class! Or under 24 feet for that matter. Best of luck with them.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There isn't a better running hull for the class! Or under 24 feet for that matter. Best of luck with them.
Thank you for the well wishes. You guys had a great season last year, good luck in the 2014 season & with the new drives...

Phil Vargas / Owner
Defender Powerboats Inc.
http://www.defenderpowerboats.com/
https://www.facebook.com/defenderpowerboats

Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

For the record...Designed by George Linder.....I just watched...We built the later Challengers and Shadows together....Bobby did get a wink and a nod on that one as we all worked closely on some later Shadow Cat projects.....

The Challenger/Shadows were put together with all monocoque/cored construction, but have not been in production for some time....although we are working on something...sad thing is the price point for boats of that size built right has severely dried up the market. Tuff Boat in Canada makes the best variant at present but the sales have been relatively light to date. All the customers in that price range seem to want you to build the boats at cost and eat the delivery charges to boot...Sad, but times change and none of us gets a free pass on that.

Good Luck in any case.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 04-23-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came out great Phil. Sorry of topic but are you or Bobby going to make it out to the venture cup race?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by T2x
For the record...Designed by George Linder.....I just watched...We built the later Challengers and Shadows together....Bobby did get a wink and a nod on that one as we all worked closely on some later Shadow Cat projects.....

The Challenger/Shadows were put together with all monocoque/cored construction, but have not been in production for some time....although we are working on something...sad thing is the price point for boats of that size built right has severely dried up the market. Tuff Boat in Canada makes the best variant at present but the sales have been relatively light to date. All the customers in that price range seem to want you to build the boats at cost and eat the delivery charges to boot...Sad, but times change and none of us gets a free pass on that.

Good Luck in any case.

T2x
Mr. Luhrs, Thank you so much for the post and for clearing the air on this sensitive subject also thank you for your contribution to the sport. I'm hoping "Class 7" will jump start the desire to own a smaller performance boat once again so an average working person can enjoy this sport too. So, your working on something new??? Can't wait to see it!

Thanks again,

Philv30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.