Cisco Offshore Racing Team announces their “No Bullies!” campaign >

Cisco Offshore Racing Team announces their “No Bullies!” campaign

Notices

Cisco Offshore Racing Team announces their “No Bullies!” campaign

Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cisco Offshore Racing Team announces their “No Bullies!” campaign

Team Cisco announced today that they will promote a greater awareness of the ill effects of bullying among our youth as their community message in 2014. With the advent of the social media age, what was once a criticism in the school yard amongst two or a handful of individuals can now be a message shared instantly with tens, hundreds or thousands of others, which may spawn as many responses just a fast. Kid’s sensitivities have not changed, but the potential sheer force of continued, negative and hurtful commentary can drive one to question themselves, to depression and potentially to life altering decisions or worse. Last year there were 4,400 youth suicides, with estimates that attempts may have been tenfold.
Team Cisco “No Bullies!” will sponsor activities that will highlight that it is not “cool” to bully. As well, we will promote access to trained resources for youth seeking help. If we can just have kids think twice before bullying or help a bullied kid reach out to someone who can help, we all win.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:47 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for doing this!!!!

I was bullied twice when I was in Middle School....The guy think that being deaf is DUMB. I was just simple reported to the principal and he gave that guy a detention. Happened again, He received 1 week in school suspension. Since then, i haven't seen or heard from him. Now I am a dad of my 8 years old daughter. I walk with her to her bus stop and oversee other students to make sure there is NO BULLYING because I damn hate BULLYING!
My daughter was bullied once last year and I already deal with that son of a ***** by informing her parents...Boy, her parents were upset!

NO BULLYING!!!!!

Chris