Helmets & Life Vests >

Helmets & Life Vests

Notices

Helmets & Life Vests

Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmets & Life Vests

Trying like mad to get my boat to run for the Lake of the Ozarks race. It will be great if I can get it done enough to run it, even if its not pretty. Then maybe be able to get her to AC. I will probably need a pair of Shoei TZR in Size XL. I actually have one that is a Large and way too small, so that would be for sale. Who has the hookup for the best deal on helmets? Also, I will need a set of Life Vests, Again any special deals. Does anyone have extra LifeLIne vests that they would like to sell? Also what was the other vest that is popular ? Does everyone prefer the Lifeline over those (SRP I think ?)
Old 05-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Man we are scrambling trying to do the same thing. Get ready for the lake race. I also need helmets and vests so any help would be great. Going to be lucky to have everything together in time. Adding another ram to my current single ram hydraulic steering set up and installing a intercom system. So much to do and very little time. On top of it this will be my first race.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered

I just bought a new one of these Grabner jackets from Alan Power at PowerMarine.ie in Ireland in the last 2 weeks.
http://shop09.grabner-sports.at/prod...OR-RACING.html (UIM regulation).

Shipped to NJ (for todays Lake Hopatcong OPA Class 7 race that was unfortunately cancelled), it cost just under $350 all in. It arrived within 4 days of him mailing it.

I considered Lifeline, but given the cost and comparing it to the Grabner this weekend, I prefer the Grabner.

Just my .02c.

Last edited by WestWind; 05-04-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Supreboat in
Man we are scrambling trying to do the same thing. Get ready for the lake race. I also need helmets and vests so any help would be great. Going to be lucky to have everything together in time. Adding another ram to my current single ram hydraulic steering set up and installing a intercom system. So much to do and very little time. On top of it this will be my first race.
So Cool that someone nearby has a Y2K. Was this a former raceboat that I may know? I have that one Shoei TZR in orange but like I say its a large. If it may work for you let me know. My brother and I run a small marina here at the lake, Having raced in the past, if there is anything I can help you with, info, parts, etc. let me know. If there is anything I can do for a fellow OPA team, let me know, I will try and do my best to help. What class are you planning to run in? Shoot me an email if there is anything you need. [email protected]
Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 4 Large Lifeline offshore jackets, the certification is expired on all of them, but Lifeline does offer a cleaning and recertification service. PM me an offer.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure I have 2 helmets and 2 lifeline jackets you guy's can use until you buy your own, I think the jackets are xlg as well as the helmets. call me, 201-665-1033, Augie