Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$) >

Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$)

Notices

Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$)

Old 01-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$)

The awards are coming up and I asking all owners to put in at least 1 persons name in that has helped, volunteered, shared, crewed, cooked, transported or just been there with a great attitude. This person doesn't even have to be on your team. You just need to nominate them. They do need to have been a OPA member in the 2014 season. Please submit to Dee at OPA ASAP. This is a great honor to be awarded this trophy. Its up to you owners to submit your nominations.
Randy
Old 01-30-2015, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ladies and Gents, we have a week before our OPA/Jersey Boyz Awards Dinner for the 2014 Season, we have asked YOU ALL to vote on who should receive The Trophy Bitc$ trophy and we received 4 entries, not a good turn out for the guy's and gals that clean, wrench and drive your boats from race to race. I still have to make plaques for this award and I have no name yet. PLEASE, help me with your team member who you feel is deserving of this GREAT AWARD in Jimmy's name. Thanks, Augie. Send everything to Dee ASAP! Thank You
Old 01-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not speaking for "Eliot Gray" owner but I'm sure he agrees, its late or I'd call him.

Shawn Vinson throttle man for the MTI Bat Man and I were talking about a nominee for our rookie team. Shawn mentioned a name of a team mate that made it happen for us more than once. Helped in the bilge with his light strapped to his head and we gladly fed him hamburgers to stay at it. He did this at several races offering his hours of time over and over. This man worked on the Bat Boat more than his at the races I'm sure. He just wanted to see it run for the fans and he just genuinely wanted to offer his help not expecting anything in return. There was other class acts that offered anything they had and if they didn't have it they knew where to get it, Ed Smith of Cleveland Construction and Keith Holmes of Cat Can Do. I know their were others Tyler Crocket and other teams that I didn't meet personally that offered their resources, so much appreciated. But I have to tell you I couldn't agree with Shawn more when he said, "Eric Ide" of Erie Monster was a true unexpected asset to our team. Eric you are a class act and I'm glad to call you my friend. And how can you not forget Legend "George Cerovski" crazy man on the sticks for Eric! He was right there the whole time, how can you not love this Man!

Thank you everyone for making us feel welcomed all season!!!
See you all next weekend
Crew Member
Dan aka "DICKMAN"

Last edited by nova26; 01-30-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was very honored to receive this trophy last year. There are numerous people who are deserving of this trophy. Get your votes in!
Attached Thumbnails Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$)-trophy-1.jpg   Jim Welsh (Trophy Bitc$)-trophy-2.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This Wednesday is the absolute cut off for nominations for the Jimmy Welsh Trophy.

Send you submission to: [email protected]

Nomination criteria
  • The "Jimmy Welsh Trophy" is a perpetual trophy that is awarded to an OPA crew member (nonracing member) for dedication & excellence throughout the year.
  • This perpetual trophy is awarded only once a year and announced/presented at the OPA Winter Awards Banquet.
  • Candidates can ONLY be submitted by the team owner.
  • Candidate MUST be a registered member with OPA for the season of their nomination.
  • Racing members are ineligible for nomination. (Driver, throttleman, navigator)
  • A team owner is not eligible for nomination.
  • A crew member from a team other than your own can be nominated/submitted.
  • Submission is done by email. Include in your submission the reasons why this person should receive the award. Send submission to: [email protected]
  • This award can only be awarded to a person one time.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, thanks very much for the nice words, I was and am happy to help in any way that I can. Raceboats are always breaking so we need to be there for each other to try to get them through a race. I know it's late but I would nominate Shawn Smith (and Ed) because of the countless times they have taken the time to answer the mountain of questions I have asked about their old boat.