Notices

Big Boat Race

Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redriderbob
I was really impressed with how this little single ob cat ran. It was a bummer they ended up breaking on the last lap. We ended up towing them back to the launch. Cool little boat. It would be really cool to see a class full of these boats.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
I was really impressed with how this little single ob cat ran. It was a bummer they ended up breaking on the last lap. We ended up towing them back to the launch. Cool little boat. It would be really cool to see a class full of these boats.
That little Uka was pretty awesome. Even with a Mercury 200XS it wasn't too far behind Tyler's 900 horsepower Joker. Hopefully, Rick and Gary can dial that thing in and it will be a very winning boat here in stateside.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUTIUfwwOw Ultimate Racing Experience/Reindl Powerboats battling it out with Specialized in class 5 action during the 2015 OPA St. Clair River Classic.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks much for the tow! At first we had no idea what was going on, but once back to the ramp we found a fuel Injector was stuck open flooding the motor. Not sure if it was Mercury guardian mode or what, but it limited us to 4000rpm (or around that) for the last lap, than I shut it off to restart it and nothing...

But I really need to figure out how to turn that boat. We would go wide, than sharp.. sharp in and wide out, sharp in and sharp out.. we had one really good turn, I just don't remember that the hell we did.
Attached Thumbnails Big Boat Race-turn-3-5.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 12:00 PM
Registered

It was no problem towing you in. Hope you got it on the trailer without issue. Sorry we had to leave you at the end of the dock, but it was pretty tight in there and they seemed to be having issues getting the boat on the trailer in front of us. Otherwise I would have brought you in a bit farther.

It looks like a fun boat, and I have become partial to Outboards since jumping from my Velocity 260 over to my OB powered CC. Your boat looked like it turned good, at least from an onlooker.... I am curious what effect the strong current had in the corners on that cat....... If your racing Port Huron, hopefully you will have better luck with the motor.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:54 PM
Registered

Here is a few more... I have about 500 photos done so far, but there are still thousands to go through. I will try to get most of them done this weekend, between Michigan City and Port Huron. Hope to see everyone in Port Huron.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, thanks. See you in Port Huron
Old 08-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who won this weekend
Old 08-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Registered

There was not an OPA race this weekend. Next OPA race is Port Huron this upcoming week. Michigan City was a SBI race. You can probably find results on their web page.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

There was not an OPA race this weekend. Next OPA race is Port Huron this upcoming week. Michigan City was a SBI race. You can probably find results on their web page.
Hi Brad!

Are you going up to watch the Port Huron/Sarnia International Powerboat Race this weekend? I always go by car and sit at the mouth of the Black River.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.