OPA Race in the Motor City.

Notices

OPA Race in the Motor City.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default OPA Race in the Motor City.

Got an email asking me if I have heard anything about the Detroit Motor City Ford UAW Offshore Powerboat RaceRace on the Detroit River July 8-10 which appears on the OPA 2016 Schedule. Any information about it that you can share?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Oparacing.org -> Schedule -> Detroit

Last edited by 242LS; 05-15-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 242LS
Oparacing.org -> Schedule -> Detroit
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sweet. 3 Races for Michigan this year. If anyone needs a help im local and can help.

July 8-10
Detroit River IPC presented by UAW Ford
Detroit, Michigan

July 29-31
ST CLAIR RIVER CLASSIC
St Clair, Michigan

August 12-14
INTERNATIONAL POWERBOAT RACE
Port Huron, Michigan/Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Old 05-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would of thought by now that there would of been some kind of Official response or information about the UAW/FORD Race in Detroit, Home of the Motor City by someone in the know.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I would of thought by now that there would of been some kind of Official response or information about the UAW/FORD Race in Detroit, Home of the Motor City by someone in the know.
Disclaimer: I do not speak on behalf of OPA Racing LLC or for them, what is stated is my opinion only based of prior direct experience.

It is an official race as its on the OPA website, yes everything is basically a templated schedule with TBA which in a nutshell means the local promoter has not submitted a schedule of events to OPA World Headquarters for approval to be released. Once submitted and approved, it will be posted to the site usually within the hour(more like 30 seconds with it being OPA business), however a guarantee of 24-48 hours under a normal business week...

OPA can only provide what it has in front of them, maybe you can consult with the local promoter and motivate them to submit the required information so it can be officially released by OPA Racing LLC
Old 05-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Disclaimer: I do not speak on behalf of OPA Racing LLC or for them, what is stated is my opinion only based of prior direct experience.

It is an official race as its on the OPA website, yes everything is basically a templated schedule with TBA which in a nutshell means the local promoter has not submitted a schedule of events to OPA World Headquarters for approval to be released. Once submitted and approved, it will be posted to the site usually within the hour(more like 30 seconds with it being OPA business), however a guarantee of 24-48 hours under a normal business week...

OPA can only provide what it has in front of them, maybe you can consult with the local promoter and motivate them to submit the required information so it can be officially released by OPA Racing LLC
Thanks for the info which makes sense but it would have been nice to hear this from someone in the OPA.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Thanks for the info which makes sense but it would have been nice to hear this from someone in the OPA.
I apologize that I am one of absolutely no importance, but thanks for the reminder... Enjoy the race!!!!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
I apologize that I am one of absolutely no importance, but thanks for the reminder... Enjoy the race!!!!
I think you took my reply the wrong way. You put a Disclaimer: I do not speak on behalf of OPA Racing LLC or for them, what is stated is my opinion only based of prior direct experience. As I stated I thanked your for that information and I appreciated it, I know you race OPA and have been in the sport for years and I have read many of your post in the past. My reply was simply that I thought that someone from the OPA meaning the Top Brass would of replied like you did, it wouldn't have taken one of them long to do so. I don't know where you came up with "I am one of absolutely no importance, but thanks for the reminder". I don't know where you got that from but it wasn't from me but if you feel that way from my reply, my apology.

Last edited by AB From Windsor; 05-30-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any word from someone in the OPA as to the July 8 - 10 Detroit UAW/Chrysler IPC in the Motor City?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.