Port Huron Race Cancelled

Notices

Port Huron Race Cancelled

Old 03-01-2017, 03:21 PM
DTD
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Port Huron Race Cancelled

Surprised this hasn't been posted elsewhere - at least I couldn't find it.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/...aces/98521714/
Old 03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear that the Port Huron/Sarnia International Powerboat Race has been Cancelled. Have been coming up there from Windsor for years and have always enjoyed the races there and the race site. On Saturday my wife would come up with me and we would first stop at Port Huron and enjoy the sites and then cross over the Blue Water Bridge to Sarnia and checked out their events along the waterfront and afterward would stop at Purdy's Dockside for a great Perch Dinner. On our way home we would drive along the waterfront back to Windsor. Sunday I would come back to Port Huron without my wife and get my usual spot in the Dry Pit Area and met some of the racers which I have known for years and then watched some great racing. What a great weekend every year there but I guess I will have to find something else to do now. Thanks to all the Promotors, Sponsor's, Racers and OPA for making this happen every year. Andy
Old 03-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could do the same thing just 2 weeks earlier at the St Clair race it's only 15min south of Port Huron
Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mesablue
You could do the same thing just 2 weeks earlier at the St Clair race it's only 15min south of Port Huron
I have been attending the St. Clair River Race with a table at the Voyageur for years and consider it to be one of the best race sites around for spectators and the layout there is just great. St. Clair has always been a must for me along with Port Huron/Sarnia, APBA Detroit Gold Cup Race, Skater Fest and the Old School Reunion. They were all marked in my calendar each year and will continue to be until I'm gone or they are cancelled and I will miss the Port Huron/Sarnia Race but who knows maybe one day they will be back or the Detroit/Windsor Race on the Detroit River will also return, anything is possible.