Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
39 Quatro/42 Legacy >

39 Quatro/42 Legacy

Notices

39 Quatro/42 Legacy

Old 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a ton of time in either boat but here are some thoughts from my few years around them:
Vinylestyer 42, Vinylester 42, Vinylester 42, all week long and twice on Sunday. I lost what seemed like a done deal on the first 39 Epoxy made at the Miami show a few years ago right after we got back from the demo ride. It was fast, yes, but it rode so hard the guy's wife was holding her chest and looking at me with a look of pain on her face. When we got tied up I asked him "What did you think?" He replied "Do you want the truth?" and it went downhill from there. This one was one of those boats mentioned above that once sold was resold quickly. I probably sound like I'm bashing it, but I really don't mean to. It is a great boat as all the Outerlimits are, just a little more specifically suited for a particular purpose- going fast. The Epoxy keeps the boat light and strong, but there is no flex at all and your body absorbs the bumps. The 42 rides like a dream in any kind of water. It just depends on what you are looking for. Many 39's have been sold to happy customers. If you decide on a 42, we have a 2003 42 available with 1250 Cobras with about 20 hours on them, available with or without the power. Good luck.