Notices

2007 outerlimits

Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Sc Boater,

Better check the maintenance intervals on those 1075's. Did you know the 100 hour service is about $52,000? Did you know they need to be checked every 15 hours?

Expensive boat to learn on.......But if you like it, they are cool.

If he's buying this boat he definetly won't care about cost.

What he will care about, is after smoking the trannie because he did a hole shot, losing a prop because he didn't check the prop nut, breaking a belt and not knowing how to change it, smoking a drive because he didn't pull back on the throttles for the 200th time the boat is in the air, are the reasons he will limp back in on one engine. This is a few things experience prevents at this level, mistakes or knowledge to fix simple things prevents limping back in on one engine. Less power is more foregiving and you will spend much less time broke because of stupid things. 700's are a great idea, then upgrade to 1075's after a 100 or so hours

Everyone knows the worst pain in the world is having a sailboat pass you as you're limping back in on one engine.

Last edited by BraceYourself; 07-08-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said he has boated on lakes. What boats have you run? Also to answer your 450 question. I have a 42 GTX & pull it anywhere with my 450. I also got the 4.88 gears & that is a mistake you don't need the gear. The truck is awesome. The others have a piont be careful & diffently take Tres Martin class. My first officail boat was a 43 Scarab with trip 850's then got my GTX after a couple years. Steps are a differant animal. Get educated & take it slow. Also have fun!!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well, even if you do not take a class, make sure to take it slow. Drive the boat at slower speeds and get to know your boat. Too many people have gone out with a new to them boat, entered a poker run, wanted to lead the pack, and were either injured or worse. It's not worth that to not be patient.

Good luck with your new purchase and enjoy!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

thanks for all the info. im going to be short im on my phone posting this. been away from computer since monday. I think and know this is a lot of boat. I have no doubt that im going to have to learn real quick. im not really concerened about the ownership costs we all make money and spend it on things we love to do no matter the cost. plus is I was worried about money would I really be thinking about this price of boat. I looked into a 38 donzi with 700s and I just like the OL better. not to worry im in no hurry to jump into racing the boat. plus maybe one of you guys would like a weekend down in SC teaching me some tricks of the trade. thanks again and ill tounch base later
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bring that beotch up to Lake Norman.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBoater
thanks for all the info. im going to be short im on my phone posting this. been away from computer since monday. I think and know this is a lot of boat. I have no doubt that im going to have to learn real quick. im not really concerened about the ownership costs we all make money and spend it on things we love to do no matter the cost. plus is I was worried about money would I really be thinking about this price of boat. I looked into a 38 donzi with 700s and I just like the OL better. not to worry im in no hurry to jump into racing the boat. plus maybe one of you guys would like a weekend down in SC teaching me some tricks of the trade. thanks again and ill tounch base later

Why dont you take a few days off, Ill give you test ride in a similiar sized boat 43 Nortech..45' long. Also before you get any boat..look into the Tres Martin school..it will also lower you're insurance. Jeff
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

AllFiredUp. How is boating on Norman. Right now we live in Spartanburg, and have had the Cobalt up there a few times.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's ok a little tight on busy days. But, we can go out before noon & run around some.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

I have seen some powerboats out on that lake. I've always thought it would be very stressful with everyone out there. I mean to ask you how the 42' runs. I was thinking about one that sixe also. but like the stand-up on the Limited compared to the sit-down.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SCBoater
I have seen some powerboats out on that lake. I've always thought it would be very stressful with everyone out there. I mean to ask you how the 42' runs. I was thinking about one that sixe also. but like the stand-up on the Limited compared to the sit-down.
You can get a 42 GTX(sit down) or Legacy(stand up).

Quick Reply: 2007 outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.