2007 outerlimits >

2007 outerlimits

Notices

2007 outerlimits

Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
I've been 117 with 3 people, mid level on fuel, semi-good conditions. Ran at the DS poker run 115mph, got a video of it but too it's pretty big file.
Please post the video, would love to see it.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by raceday500
Please post the video, would love to see it.
or you could come cross the "sound" and take a spin????
this hull/bottom is something to experience!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

SCBOATER, First off congrats on your decision to take the plunge. I am a dealer in the S.Florida area.We sell some of the fastest offshore powerboats in the country. Secondly, find a sales professional the will LISTEN to your needs,wants, let him take you down a path that will most likely confuse the hell out of you,but in the long run you will end up with what you want. Finding the right boat is not as easy as it appears.Make sure it fulfills the needs of family members, allows you to experience the awesome feeling of owning what a handful of clients can only dream about owning,gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you look in the sideview mirror and realize you are in the upper 2% of people that can afford what ever it is they want.Take the time to research but more importantly find the guy that can answer every question decisively,in other words finding the salesman that is lucky enough to earn your business will be the start of a most pleasant experience. This is a very personal decision but finding a salesman that is passionate about this sport will make your experience much more enjoyable.We take the time with the clients AFTER the sale to ensure they are very comfortable running their new toy,participate in Poker Runs with them and allow them to run/ask questions as needed to make the purchase a unique/positive experience.We suggest you also participate in Tres Martin's driving school. If you would like to discuss further call [email protected] 269.208.5321 I'd be more than happy to take the time to earn your business.Good Luck!

Last edited by crazyfast; 09-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

Does anyone look at maintenance as a percentage of Purchase price ??? When you talk this kind of performance and i assume these costs would be amortised over 2 years or so its not so bad.In 1994 my F1 season cost me over $60k building my own motors .
Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

OLMO4, That is a good question...but to answer it from my experience I would say the majority of these boats ARE not run with a budget in mind. They are not run as often as a 42' w/ 525's boat, therefore when the owner decides to run in an event it is usually transported,maintained,serviced,fueled,enjoyed and then taken back home. Money is not an issue,clients usually do 4-6 events a year at a cost of 3-6k per event if nothing breaks. This sport is a "lifestyle" let's keep it safe!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered

Absolutely correct ,Crazy.
Running one of these (unless something breaks) Isnt that bad .
The truth is that it is hard for most people to "Thrash" this type of boat.The reality is they get looked after with the occasional hit out.
My 42 footer only did 160hrs in 4 years ,Can only remember replacing 1 fuel pump.
Someone was talking earlier about rebuild costs ,im sure if the owner did 150hrs in 2 years he would be delighted to have it refreshed .The most common boating complaint is "I dont use my boat enough"
Back to the first post you would be happy in either size boat.

Last edited by olmo40; 09-08-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SCBoater
Yea. I really liked the OL. Just really took the advice of teh board and started looking at different boats. Power being the main focus right now. Still up in air about 51 with triple 700's Never operated a triple before. Dont even know how to drive them
SC Boater. If you are still considering a 46 OL with 1075s, give me a shout. I have had triples, and like the twin engines. I can tell you my experience.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr. Andy,
How are you? I don't know if you recall but we met at Canale Marine, i work with Tony. I'm sorry to hear about the Bahamas poker run. Hows your boat doing? Is it back from hideaway yet?