Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!! >

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Notices

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racer711
You seem very well informed, can you tell me why Nate, who was the shop floor manager for many years, then put in charge of the "cat" project, was one of those who got his "pink" slip?? and there was an older gentleman who had over 12 years service with OL, and only 6 months to go before retirement, also axed?? ....now where's a 65 year old fiberglass worker gonna get a job to fulfill his retirement requirements?? Sounds like a clear cut case of "all for me and f#@k everyone else!!!"
You obviously don't own your own business. Owners have to make tough decisions to keep the company moving forward and continuing to make a profit. If not, all the other 100 employee's would be jobless. Should we post every employee's name, title and all their good/bad traits from all the marine companies? What about the good employee's of Mercury Racing, Mercury Marine, Sea Ray, Brunswick, Eliminator, Fountain, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota? Your sadly mistaken and severly mis-informed if you think employee's from any of these companies were let go just to pad other peoples pockets.

We made some extremely tough decisions about 4 years ago, and let almost all our employee's go (when Lysholm, our old supplier, couldn't ship product) so we could keep the company doors open. Not everybody was happy, but in the end, we became far stronger and in the end, brought most of the employee's back, and even gained some new ones. Outerlimits is one the most incredible high-performance boat mfg's, with every boat becoming a work of art, they will continue to do so.

Thanks

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 07-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excuse me, but I think you sound a little biased....come to think of it, isn't Mike dating some one connected with the whipple Charger company??
Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

excuse me, but I think you sound a little biased....come to think of it, isn't Mike dating some one connected with the whipple Charger company??
Why are you grinding your axe here? You obviously have an agenda.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I think you are acting somewhat out of line...come to think of it.. sounds like you are an ex-employee..let it go..when you can tie Mike's shoe laces..or better yet, sign his paycheck then you can talk the smak..all I see here is alot of immature lip service from someone who his young, inexperienced and has no business sence running a business.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Sounds like a clear cut case of "all for me and f#@k everyone else!!!"

And as owners they have every right to do that. Employees work and owe to the owners...not the other way around. The only people owners answer too are customers. Does it suck that some people lose their jobs? yes. Is it easy to axe grind and find some "grand selfish conspiracy" on behalf of the owners? yes. Is it the right thing to do? NO! Move on! Just part of the business cycle.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
You obviously don't own your own business. Owners have to make tough decisions to keep the company moving forward and continuing to make a profit. If not, all the other 100 employee's would be jobless. Should we post every employee's name, title and all their good/bad traits from all the marine companies? What about the good employee's of Mercury Racing, Mercury Marine, Sea Ray, Brunswick, Eliminator, Fountain, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota? Your sadly mistaken and severly mis-informed if you think employee's from any of these companies were let go just to pad other peoples pockets.

We made some extremely tough decisions about 4 years ago, and let almost all our employee's go (when Lysholm, our old supplier, couldn't ship product) so we could keep the company doors open. Not everybody was happy, but in the end, we became far stronger and in the end, brought most of the employee's back, and even gained some new ones. Outerlimits is one the most incredible high-performance boat mfg's, with every boat becoming a work of art, they will continue to do so.

Thanks
Well said ,if you are not a business owner it is very hard to understant.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakebite A-82
Its unfortunate that some people had to be cut, but as you all agree, thats the sign of the times and you just have to grin and bear it. Anyone who has extended time in the High Performance boating Industry can surely remember the 1989 recession.... boating of all kinds was in the toilet. I myself had to put away my tool box and take a job as a parts driver and laborer for a Plumbing company. It wasn't until 1993 that I got back in to Boat building. All I can say that things do turn around and I've been employed in the High Performance field since then. This includes 12 years at Outerlimits, and an additional 3 and counting at Nor-Tech. I left alot of good friends behind when I left OL, and I hope they aren't to adversly affected by the current state of affairs. I 'm sure that Mike will do the right thing for the "key" people. As for me...its just another day in Paradice in south West Florida. Happy boating!

The weather's much better, along with a few other things.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

good luck to anyone involved with any type of layoff in these tough times. As hard as it is for the little guy ( employee) that meens it is just as hard for the employer. Guys that are hard workers and did good at OL should have no Problem finding work elsewere, wether it is boating related or not.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Who owns Outerlimits? Is Bob Russell a part owner? Someone asked if Bob Russell was running around Barnegat Bay NJ in his new 40 Skater? Is this fact or nonsense?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1
Who owns Outerlimits? Is Bob Russell a part owner? Someone asked if Bob Russell was running around Barnegat Bay NJ in his new 40 Skater? Is this fact or nonsense?
Fiore owns OL. The rumor of Russell in a Skater well theres more truth to that.

Quick Reply: Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.