4th of July pics of my 37!

Notices

4th of July pics of my 37!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
nice! I forget, is that the quad step or single step 37? How does it handle at upper speeds (110+)?
Single step. Last weekend was the first time that I have been able to hammer on it multiple times north of 110mph. From what I learned in those two days.....if you did not have the boat set correctly at around 90......more throttle and eventually correct trim/tab settings would not get the boat back in shape. When you got everything set on the money around 90 and the boat stabilized....you were cleared to get on it like you stole it and it ran like it was on rails all the way up from there. After I bought he boat, I changed the throttles and shifters over to the new livorsi race throttles with 2 buttons in the throttles. I hooked the drives to one and tabs to the other. That way, I never have to take my hand off the sticks. I was very uncomfortable when I first got it taking my hand off the throttles (tabs and drives were not on the throttle) to "play the piano" at high speeds. The previous owner had no issues with it....but he had about 800 hrs in the 37 hull in both bravo and #6 so I am sure his skill level was/is above mine. We were all running up a canyon last weekend for miles....when I would throw it into a turn hauling azz.....I could pick the tabs up...then put them back down and drag them a little (which the boat likes) when I got back into a straight away. I really like the single step. Again, in my experience...most multiple step boats in this size range were designed to go as fast they could make them go with 500 to 700hp powerplants. When you put big power in them....they get squirrelly above 100mph because the hulls make too much lift at higher speeds.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hammer01
Beautiful boat, I take it you bought this boat from the Chicago area from Eagan (I think that is correct spelling). He used to do fly-by's when we would hang out on the east shore of Lake Michigan. The boat ran well. We overnighted in New Buffalo alot which is where he kept it on a lift. I made him offers about 2 years ago when he had just bought the Teague motors and he decided to keep it. Congratulations, awesome boat!!!
Thats the boat. I feel very fortunate to have bought a used boat of this caliber from someone that I have never met and it turn out the way this one has. It is more that I thought it would be and my wife and I both LOVE THE BOAT! 2 months later....it is nicer and in better mechanical shape than I thought when I bought it now that I have had a chance to go over it with a fine toothed comb. I would not hesitate to buy another go fast from Gary. Maybe timing will work out when he gets tired of the 42 he just finished!

Last edited by thunderusone; 07-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja27
Thunderusone does your boat porpoise when cruising around 60mph?
These boats are sensitive to trim and tab, will the boat porpoise? If the settings aren't correct for the speed any boat will. As Mike explained to me there are speeds the boat doesn't want to be at, my triple engine boat was 45-50mph, just needed to bring the drives in and add some tab.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
Thunderusone does your boat porpoise when cruising around 60mph?
My buddies 37' with bravo's doesn't porpoise @ 60 mph. For some reason 40' Hustler do though.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I am actually pleasantly surprised with them. They run like a bat outta h e l l!

Any pics of the motors?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are the Teague 1100 Quads doing for you.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Damn, John. That things purty! Can I have a ride the next time I come back up?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
How are the Teague 1100 Quads doing for you.
They suck! I have had to change the oil in the last 30 hours of running! I feel like something is wrong....all I do is wash it....put gas in it...and go to the lake. These motors and the ones built by Young Performance around here are the only big power that is not swinging from the end of a chain. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Damn, John. That things purty! Can I have a ride the next time I come back up?
Whats up Tommy....hows the baja doing?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
They suck! I have had to change the oil in the last 30 hours of running! I feel like something is wrong....all I do is wash it....put gas in it...and go to the lake. These motors and the ones built by Young Performance around here are the only big power that is not swinging from the end of a chain. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry to hear that. I had the same problem with those motors. All I did was do routine oil changes and plugs for the 1st 115 hours. Then you bought it and took over those tough tasks. You have to admit it is nice going boating all the time. Teague builds a good all aroung motor and his service is fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.