Notices

Deal on 42!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I dont mind the paint or the interior, but, 250K for a "Project" seems kinda steep, they list it as "new" but, its a 2006?

Was this a boat that was repowered?, I cant see those
1075's needing to be pulled [or rebuilt] with that little use?

Or was it a bare hull? that someone started to rig and decided to sell?

Gorgeous boat!.......................IF it was finished

Michael

Looks like it was all together at one time:

http://www.lakecumberlandmarine.com/...ca1a93eb12bffb
Old 10-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
what make you think the engines dont need a refresh? add that and a new int your WAY over what its worth... thats if the tail pipes are their and the drives dont need a rebuild too. big risk in my view.

175 is a deal no more...
and they may take that or less. i know someone that a boat from them for half of what they were asking.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

You see so many repo's without motors and or drives (because they what people with stuff that's gonna get repo'd sometimes do) these engines might have just been out of the boat for another reason.....that's my 0.2
Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be nice to find someone who knew the history of the boat, or owned it? if the motors are shot and the drives need to be rebuilt then its not a "deal", however, from what I have seen 200K DOESNT get you very far when looking at an "Outerlimits", so, I guess more information would be needed to evaluate it.

I personally, have never even been OUT in an Outerlimits, much less owned one, but, would probably give my first born to do so, just curious? are they really that much better riding/handling than other boats?

Appreciate then input!
Michael
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered

It would be nice to find someone who knew the history of the boat, or owned it? if the motors are shot and the drives need to be rebuilt then its not a "deal", however, from what I have seen 200K DOESNT get you very far when looking at an "Outerlimits", so, I guess more information would be needed to evaluate it.

I personally, have never even been OUT in an Outerlimits, much less owned one, but, would probably give my first born to do so, just curious? are they really that much better riding/handling than other boats?

Appreciate then input!
Michael

Good Question. I've been in a 37, but wonder how hard and loud the epoxy makes the ride compared to the vinylester layup?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

are they really that much better riding/handling than other boats?

Appreciate then input!
Michael
In a nutshell yes!! The glass boats can run through rough water like no tomorrow. The Epoxy boats still ride very well they just have a little different feel but they are quite a bit faster!! They are a stiff boat due to the layup but run and attack water great! The new SV and SL bottoms are amazing and run incredible. You have to experience the ride for yourself.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Good Question. I've been in a 37, but wonder how hard and loud the epoxy makes the ride compared to the vinylester layup?
There is absolutely no comparison between the ride of a 37 and a 42.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
In a nutshell yes!! The glass boats can run through rough water like no tomorrow. The Epoxy boats still ride very well they just have a little different feel but they are quite a bit faster!! They are a stiff boat due to the layup but run and attack water great! The new SV and SL bottoms are amazing and run incredible. You have to experience the ride for yourself.
I have vid of a ride in a 39 it was a experience all right...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

For all of you guys that think this is a bad deal just do the math. I am not suggesting that you pay their asking price but even if you did you could make this an azz kicking boat for less than half the cost of a new one.

Asking price $250k, paint $50k, cockpit upholstery $10k, Merc Motor Freshen $45k, props $10k, trailer $12k and rigging $15k. That adds up to $392k at asking price. This boat ordered new today with this engine and drive package is over $800k If you get them to drop their asking price things just get better.

This boat was originally owned by Al Damon and then it was traded in on a new 46. The 46 was in the classifieds for sale with the same paint scheme. I actually looked at this boat about a year ago. It looks much better in person than these photos. It is ashame that it is sitting in that auction yard in that condition.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Oh TRUST ME, given the opportunity I would be MORE than willing to go out in one, It would be really interesting to see just how different ["better"?] the ride is compared to a "regular" performance boat.

I agree the boat is well worth the sum of its parts, as for the boat being 800K new, well, No offense intended, but, how many people pay "full price" for a boat, or anything else for that matter?

I think the fact that we are in one CRAP AWFUL economy has to be considered as well, just my thoughts anyway, THANKS! for the replies and input guys, its appreciated!

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.