Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me? >

Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?

Notices

Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?

Who Ran at the LOTO shootout in an OL besides me? I know there were several. I saw and waved at several of you while we were staging but I never got a chance to talk to you or see you at Capt Rons. I ran 117mph three times but I would pick up 3mph every time between where the radar gun was and the end bouys. (I am not complaining....it was the same for everyone and it was fair) I went through the bouys at 120mph every time and I had another 5 or 6mph left in it. I came in second in my class. Eddie Young beat me by 4mph in the 399 Skater V. I loosened the boat up my last run on Sunday because I thought I could tie him. I would have done it but the boat got out of shape BAD and pulled the sticks all the way back to the stops twice and I hit 117 again. If I had been able to stay in it (or had the ballz to not lift) I think I could have tied him. Both my runs Saturday, I was not even on plane through the start bouys. I had 1,000#'s more fuel (full) on Sunday than I did on Saturday too. I will be ready next year and I know how it all works.....so I will post some bigger #'s next year. I also had my coolers, anchor and enough chit to overnight for 2 days on the boat. The only thing I took out was my tool bag. Here is a pic of my gps after my last run. I reset it everytime and this is what it said everytime I came back in. This was the MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD AT AN EVENT LIKE THIS!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?-dsc04039.jpg  
Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats some impressive #'s !! congrats

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Sweet. What is the entry fee to run?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Job!! I watched you run your last run thru the live feed..
Old 08-31-2010, 01:09 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

boat looks good, looks great in person! nice numbers!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My first 3 runs were like it was on train tracks. The last one was all over the place because I was trying to pick up a few mph. I picked the tabs up from conservative to the (be careful) setting. It didn't look like it was moving that much on video but it was making me uncomfortable. I am not a professional racer and I do not want to hurt anyone else, me or wreck my boat over racing one of my best friends. It was bittersweet to see Eddie on the podium. I was ecstatic for him but I wanted to be standing beside him with a tie.

The reason I had so much fuel, was that when we left sat night from capt rons, we were on the way back to the condo which was 15 miles from the track. It was getting dark so we were haulin azz trying to get home before the 30mph rule went into effect. I got pulled over about 3 miles from our condo and lectured for an hour with a spotlight in my eyes. Once he checked EVERYTHING and realized I was sober, (I do not drink alcohol) he let me go with no citation. Now it is black dark, its the first time I have ever been on the lake, and I take off following my bread crumbs on the GPS. I go FOR EVER and finally realize that I am going the wrong way and drove almost all the way back to the race course. (I know it was stupid, but I was exhausted, raced all day sitting in the sun and had a spotlight pointed in my eyes for an hour) So, I turned around and drive back to the condo. All this added up to another 40 miles of driving. When I got to the dock, I looked at the gas guage and it was on E. I did not know how long it had been on Empty so I had to assume I was almost out. We go back down to Capt Rons for the race on E, and they have NO GAS of any kind. I found some 93 across the lake at 565 and I got 40 gals of 93 (thinking that was all the gas I was gonna get). A buddy called and said that millers landing had 110 octane. So I drove down there and he only sold it by the drum and had no way to measure how much you were pumping so I meant to get about 20 gals of 110.......but it was pumping so fast I got all 55 gals (I just wanted some safety margin as hard as I was running the boat). So now I have added 95 gals to the boat and it is on full in the main tank 155 gals. I could have raced like it was but I had no idea how much was in it because I didnt know how long I drove around lost with it on Empty. I babied the boat on Sat burning off fuel to post my big# on Sunday but I wrung the piss out of it on Sunday because of the extra 1000#'s. I'm not making excuses....it's just what happened. I am sure everyone had something happen to them that cost them speed too.

Last edited by thunderusone; 08-31-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Sweet. What is the entry fee to run?
I think it was $100.00 and that got you two runs. Addtional runs were $25.00. My wife was paying while I was listening to the drivers meeting.....but I think that is what she said it was. Its probably on the shootout website.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LV
boat looks good, looks great in person! nice numbers!
LV, did you see my boat out on the water or at the dock at Capt Rons? If it was at the dock, you should have come over and introduced yourself. I would love to talk to other 37 owners about setup. I have made several changes to this boat since I got it but I would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Thank you for the compliment. You have a beautiful boat as well.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thank you Rob and Jeff for the compliments. Here is a picture of the results that I took with my phone in our class which was 37' to 42' non professional with twin custom power with power adders.

Here is my wife at the doc after a run on Saturday when I came back in.

That's Eddie holding the plaque that verified I got my azz busted

The last pic, my wife took at the state park at 9am Sunday morning as we were coming around to load the boats up.
Attached Thumbnails Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?-img00218-20100829-1605.jpg   Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?-dsc04035.jpg   Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?-dsc04052.jpg  

Who ran thier OL at the Shootout besides me?-dsc04069.jpg  
Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
LV, did you see my boat out on the water or at the dock at Capt Rons? If it was at the dock, you should have come over and introduced yourself. I would love to talk to other 37 owners about setup. I have made several changes to this boat since I got it but I would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Thank you for the compliment. You have a beautiful boat as well.
We where at dog days , and saw you blow by, it was cool to see another 37 out running around!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.