Thoughts on a 42' OL Legacy... >

Thoughts on a 42' OL Legacy...

Notices

Thoughts on a 42' OL Legacy...

Old 06-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on a 42' OL Legacy...

I recently looked at a bank repo... a 2004 OL 42' Legacy. The boat has #6's, Gen, Heat/Air, 825HP Sterlings and is in decent physical shape. Did not get to view the cabin but was curious what other OL guys have to say about this boat... what kind of speeds could I expect? I am perfectly happy with the Sonic especially since we are mid 90's for speed but if I could get the OL for a good price, I am considering it...
Thanks

Todd
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd check your pm and give me a call.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered

Is that the boat with purple flames? It's been listed forever, don't know anything about it personally. I think I remember it being featured in a Powerboat mag article.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Gary, thanks for the talk and PM. Looks like I am interested but the wife may not be lol... I am hoping to low ball it and see what happens but then again, it has been ownerless for awhile so who knows....

Richanton, this that is the boat.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

The better deal on a 42 is the one without power, get it a a good price put in the hp you want with a warranty and go, the rest has been done.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
The better deal on a 42 is the one without power, get it a a good price put in the hp you want with a warranty and go, the rest has been done.
I had seen that one.. looking for a turn key setup. Its a nice boat though...
Old 06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

That was one of Kevin Kings boat that ended up in the repo yards. With the Sterlings you should see
110+ with the right set-up. The boat is an Epoxy boat being a 2004. The 42's are great big water boats and have alot of room in the cabin.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
I recently looked at a bank repo... a 2004 OL 42' Legacy. The boat has #6's, Gen, Heat/Air, 825HP Sterlings and is in decent physical shape. Did not get to view the cabin but was curious what other OL guys have to say about this boat... what kind of speeds could I expect? I am perfectly happy with the Sonic especially since we are mid 90's for speed but if I could get the OL for a good price, I am considering it...
Thanks

Todd
Mine was and still is for sale, I don't need to get rid of it, but for the right price I'll do it....similar but bomb proof..have a price turnkey...

also a price without power, but both include the redone trailer.....

Only difference is, mine's completely redone...ready to go...I have Intercomms, ac the whole mess...so if you're interested......let me know...but the flame boat...well....if it's a deal it's a deal...and if it's a repo, it's a magic box..trust me, the amount of things you have to go through for a #6 boat is beyond a bravo boat....this is a big step and unless you have the change to run and fix the things you break if you intend on going big power...it's not a deal...however, the redone boats, you know what you're getting.

I'm not putting any boat down, however...if you're coming from a 31 sonic, this is a big step up....just don't go in blind, find history on the boat...and understand...get everything checked out, because if you don't, you will find gremlins that will not be a grand...but starting at 10..and moving on up....

I think everyone at this level understands that, but just putting my two cents in here....

-MH42

"Liquidator"
Formerly "Madhatter"

If you want to talk numbers, PM me. Dan's right, the 42 is serious...if you've never ridden in one...you need a hurricane to be bounced around in one....it's a major step up from pretty much anything out there....

Last edited by WildThing47; 06-13-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Thanks for the vote.. I'm presuming I'm the only one without power...
Old 06-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Thanks for the vote.. I'm presuming I'm the only one without power...
Yes yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.