Stiletto Water Pick-ups >

Stiletto Water Pick-ups

Notices

Stiletto Water Pick-ups

Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stiletto Water Pick-ups

Is any one using the factory installed water pick-up in front of the step on a 37' single step. If so what kind of water quality are you seeing from these pick ups. They seem to be pretty far from the transom and I would think they would pull alot of air. I'm think of eliminating them and going with transom pick-up's while the motors are out of the boat. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using them. Plenty of water and never any temp issues at any speed or water condition.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCK WILD
I am using them. Plenty of water and never any temp issues at any speed or water condition.
+1 I'm sure they see air, but I've never had or heard of any issues with them... And I've worried about it as there's not much boat in the water with mine at WOT!

The only issue I've seen with them is the previous owner must have often used a shallow ramp and they ended up eating into the top of the rear bunks (towards the front). When I got the boat it was overheating a little. Changed the impellers, same problem. I took me a while to figure out what he had done, but I ultimately found the fuel heat exchanger inlets (just before the sea pumps) were clogged with carpet fibers from the bunks. I've never had a problem since, although I suspect I would if I were forced to use a really shallow ramp.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the 1998 Stiletto that I had Bob Tteague installed 1100 Quad rotors in the boat. Bob put his adjustable pickups on the transom and he also used the pickups in front of the step. Bob made a custom sea strainer that allowed both pickups to feed into the strainer. Tthe set up worked out great and had plenty of water for the engines that I was running. The boat is Enough 4 Ply and was sold to an OSO member that ran it in the shootout last year. The pickups in front of the step were to small for the set up I was running.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUCK WILD
Didnt realize you had them. Thought about having pickup installed and not use the water pick up outa my lower unit
Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
On the 1998 Stiletto that I had Bob Tteague installed 1100 Quad rotors in the boat. Bob put his adjustable pickups on the transom and he also used the pickups in front of the step. Bob made a custom sea strainer that allowed both pickups to feed into the strainer. Tthe set up worked out great and had plenty of water for the engines that I was running. The boat is Enough 4 Ply and was sold to an OSO member that ran it in the shootout last year. The pickups in front of the step were to small for the set up I was running.
I have 1000/1100's in mine with the factory pick-ups, works great.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I have 1000/1100's in mine with the factory pick-ups, works great.
Are you running inter-coolers off the factory pick-up as well.
I'm thinking of using the factory pick up for the motors and installing transom pick-up's just for the inter-coolers
Old 08-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oceanoutlaw
Are you running inter-coolers off the factory pick-up as well.
I'm thinking of using the factory pick up for the motors and installing transom pick-up's just for the inter-coolers
Yes. Again, no issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

I have a 97' with Teague 800's , 4 stock pick-ups in front of the step, the intercoolers are fed from their own pick-ups. Seems to work well with good water pressure to 110mph.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 37ol
I have a 97' with Teague 800's , 4 stock pick-ups in front of the step, the intercoolers are fed from their own pick-ups. Seems to work well with good water pressure to 110mph.
37ol,

So you're running 110 MPH with 800's? Do you mind sharing your setup? Stagger/non-stagger, what drives, props etc. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.