that was my O.L. !!

Notices

that was my O.L. !!

Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
I have an emotional attachment so my price would reflect that
I do too, but if someone wanted to give me $150k for mine I'd probably have to think real hard about selling it!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
I have an emotional attachment so my price would reflect that

I dont! Somebody make me a realistic offer. You dont want the big power? I'll sell w/o or put whatever you want in it.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mine's the only one (42) on the market for the price with the big hardware (#6s) and perfectly reliable power, start and run every weekend...

I'm just looking to go back to big power and 130+ top end...

100 Just doesn't cut it when I used to cruise @ 100...

Everyone who's seen me out knows the boat is setup right, not once have I been stuck any place or on the dock due to motor failure or any failure for that matter...with the exception of leaving the cabin lights on....

Scott was actually there, we hooked up the chargers and left the marina 1hr behind...

Maintained with an open check book, but I think every outerlimits owner is severely anal when it comes to our boats...so this is a given for every boat out there...

Good luck with everyone's sale, personally if I keep it I might re-power it, it's a fantastic boat, just looking for something else...

Rich, your boat is beautiful...everyone's boat on here is a great example....you don't exactly buy one of these to let them rot...

Last edited by WildThing47; 11-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting close! i have two boats in mind! a 2001 w/575's staggerred or a 96 w/600's both stilettos and both in about the same shape with great graphics-they are both priced about the same- any input on 575 motors?? i have been told that they are questionable and so so on reliability-also how would you compare the boats to a 38 fountain with same power?? thanks sooo much!! also i would like to thank other O.L. owners for thier responses!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Only from what I read above but if both boats are about the same money, the 2001 seems like a no brainier being that it is 5 years newer. The 575s are a great motor, couple friends run them and have had no issues to my knowledge.......I was under the impression that the merc 600s were problem motors but do not know first hand. The 575 came out after the 600 was removed from the line up. Someone with better knowledge my chime in but if I were in your shoes I would be going for the 575 boat for sure.

Good luck
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

575s are great motors....

don't juice em, check compression, and go from there...

It's not my setup....but...each to his own

Good luck with whatever you choose, but for the price, you should just bite the bullet and run mine....

The 600s are...not what you want......they're too high strung...believe it or not that extra 25hp....just doesn't do it...

Who wants a 42..
Old 11-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratedx
Getting close! i have two boats in mind! a 2001 w/575's staggerred or a 96 w/600's both stilettos and both in about the same shape with great graphics-they are both priced about the same- any input on 575 motors?? i have been told that they are questionable and so so on reliability-also how would you compare the boats to a 38 fountain with same power?? thanks sooo much!! also i would like to thank other O.L. owners for thier responses!
X, there is no comparison between a 38 Fountain and a 37 OL. With such a strong interest in a Stiletto, I'm surprised you need to even ask that question. The Fountain will be a little faster with the same HP, but that's where the comparison ends. Good luck with your purchase!