37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling >

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling

Notices

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling

Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baja27
tc bos 302 looks great ! Where did you get your sliding cabin door?
It's the same door that came with the boat. I had it covered, filed down the edges for an easier slide and put a new handle on it.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LV
Wow, very nice Thomas , that's going to be one of the nicest 37 out there when your done with it, good to see some of the 37's being completely restored. It will be worth all the hard work once you get it on the water. Congrats I can't wait to see it again.
Thanks Larry, just picking up where you left off!!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Thanks Larry, just picking up where you left off!!
what are you going to do about the hatch clearnace?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LV
what are you going to do about the hatch clearnace?
If we turn the oval flame arrestors sideways (almost right against transom), we only need about 3.5 inches more of clearence. So, the plan is to use these scoops I found online, facing backwards, instead of raising the hatch (all kinds of extra work with that). It will only eat up a very small portion of the sunpad and since they're carbon fiber, they should go with the theme you started in the cockpit as well as the sunpad. If not, I would just get them painted.
Attached Thumbnails 37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-scoop-3.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-scoop-4.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-scoop-5.jpg  

Old 10-03-2012, 04:27 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

If we turn the oval flame arrestors sideways (almost right against transom), we only need about 3.5 inches more of clearence. So, the plan is to use these scoops I found online, facing backwards, instead of raising the hatch (all kinds of extra work with that). It will only eat up a very small portion of the sunpad and since they're carbon fiber, they should go with the theme you started in the cockpit as well as the sunpad. If not, I would just get them painted.
Very nice, I like those!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Progress! After deciding to go with #6 prop shafts in the SCX's, we had to raise the drives as much as possible, so I sold the Imco boxes and bought new Stellings adjustable boxes that allow us to come up 2". That plus 2" shorties should get us where we need to be. However, the Stellings boxes required us to move the motors forward. Below is a link to Eddie's progress on that posted in GD.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...re-inches.html

Last edited by TCBoss302; 12-08-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Funny, I was up at Eddie's shop putting my cabin together when you posted this.

No splash yet, should be the first week of Sept. as I plan on going to the Lake Cumberland PR that week and have already booked things. I sure would have thought I would have been in the water by now, but there were some major decisions that had to be made on setup and it just took time to think them through (if anyone is interested I'll share the different options we considered and why).

Below are a few pics of the cabin, it's pretty much complete except for the upper shelving, the inside sliding door cover, speakers and I haven't installed the flatscreen yet. I'll update a little quicker now that we are getting close.
Interior looks great , keep the pics coming .
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Time for a little updating. After much back and forth about the exact direction of the project, we have finally decided on the route to take. So, we are now making some really good head way on the boat. We started with removing most everything from the engine compartment. That included the entire fuel system, gimbles, motor mounts, water plumbing, etc. The fuel system was no where near large enough for the power, there were no strainers, some questionable wiring,etc. In addition to all of these items, we've also added extension boxes and IMCO SCX drives.

We raised the Stellings boxes 2", which caused a steep driveshaft angle. In order to fix it, we had the choice of moving the engine up, or forward. Since up wasn't an option, we went forward. I cut the bell housing mounting ears off of an IMCO inner transom plate. I extended the ears by 5", which moved the engine 5" forward.
Here are a few pics.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails 37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-2-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-2c-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-13-large-.jpg  

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-15-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-19-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-20-large-.jpg  

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-23-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-25-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-inner-transom-plate-26-.jpg  

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Registered

Here are a few pics of some rigging no-no's.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails 37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03023-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03024-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03025-large-.jpg  

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03026-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03030-large-.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Registered

Cool

We also cleaned up some of the rigging on the transom. We still need to clean the bilge, but here are some before and after cleaning up the wiring, etc.
Attached Thumbnails 37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03031-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03033-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03047-large-.jpg  

37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03049-large-.jpg   37 Stiletto - New power/drives/cabin/bling-dsc03034-large-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.