Looking for a Stiletto >

Looking for a Stiletto

Notices

Looking for a Stiletto

Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Bullcrap! You get what you pay for. If you are looking for an awesome big power #6 turn key boat, Links boat is worth every penny and then some. You just don't know the value of what you are looking at. I have a big power #6 boat and I paid good money for it, I spent even more on upgrades and it is a turn key 125mph+ V bottom. If you are looking for something that is a dependable FAST #6 Beast, you are going to have to pay for it. I have re- rigged a boat with brand new big power and drives from the ground up. The costs are astronomical plus the time and aggravation. All of the people that think you can build a really nice boat cheaper than what some of the nicer #6 boats can be bought for are showing thier own ignorance as to what it costs to build, operate and maintain one of these boats. EVERY one that I know that has tried has ended up with a semi completed boat that does not perform like it should and you never hear anything else from them. They move on trying to pawn thier project off on someone else and they never actually enjoy running it.
Well said and all true.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by richanton
Well said and all true.
For the record, I am out in my boat today enjoying it.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Registered

Bullcrap! You get what you pay for. If you are looking for an awesome big power #6 turn key boat, Links boat is worth every penny and then some. You just don't know the value of what you are looking at. I have a big power #6 boat and I paid good money for it, I spent even more on upgrades and it is a turn key 125mph+ V bottom. If you are looking for something that is a dependable FAST #6 Beast, you are going to have to pay for it. I have re- rigged a boat with brand new big power and drives from the ground up. The costs are astronomical plus the time and aggravation. All of the people that think you can build a really nice boat cheaper than what some of the nicer #6 boats can be bought for are showing thier own ignorance as to what it costs to build, operate and maintain one of these boats. EVERY one that I know that has tried has ended up with a semi completed boat that does not perform like it should and you never hear anything else from them. They move on trying to pawn thier project off on someone else and they never actually enjoy running it.
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a link to "links" boat, I would love to check it out, sounds incredible, but, I have to be honest, for the asking price Richanton's boat is probably the nicest I have seen in years, and WELL worth what the asking price was, like most people in this economy "If I had the money".................
Old 06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Like I said, liquidator is for sale at 129k. Betchya 100-110k takes it home. I have seen it up close. Well maintained and nice boat with decent power (900 sc) and #6's. Can't argue with the facts. Sorry. The days of buying boats with 6's and big power for in or around 100k is here. Like it or not. Are there tons of them? No. But look around for a while and you will find deals. I know several people who did and scored great boats at this price point.

Not to mention the 99 with trip 1100 cobras with 6's for 147k (not apples to apples comparison but you get the idea) or the other stilleto with 850's for 114k.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 06-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Like I said, liquidator is for sale at 129k. Betchya 100-110k takes it home. I have seen it up close. Well maintained and nice boat with decent power (900 sc) and #6's. Can't argue with the facts. Sorry. The days of buying boats with 6's and big power for in or around 100k is here. Like it or not. Are there tons of them? No. But look around for a while and you will find deals. I know several people who did and scored great boats at this price point.
To clearify, the Liquidator boat is in nowhere near the condition Ted's and Rich's boat are in, although the interior is fairly nice. I'm not going to publicly trash this boat, but there are some reasons why it never sold at the higher asking price. Also, FYI that boat does not have 900 SC's in it. It might be a good value for someone knowing it probably needs some money thrown at it, but it would take a lot to get it looking anything like the other two boats in question and it would take a hell of a lot to get it to run with Ted's boat! With that said, it's still a 42 at a decent price.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to mention the 99 with trip 1100 cobras with 6's for 147k (not apples to apples comparison but you get the idea) or the other stilleto with 850's for 114k.
Also, please show me where the #6 boats (especially OL's) with big power and in reasonably nice condition are for $100k, especailly the one's that don't need a decent amount of money thrown into them... A fire sale might pop up every so often, but $100k is far from the norm!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Is there a link to "links" boat, I would love to check it out, sounds incredible, but, I have to be honest, for the asking price Richanton's boat is probably the nicest I have seen in years, and WELL worth what the asking price was, like most people in this economy "If I had the money".................
I will entertain offers and trades. For those that want to offer me 100K dont waste your time!!
http://www.popyachts.com/Page/Site-L...Step/Page.html
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Also, please show me where the #6 boats (especially OL's) with big power and in reasonably nice condition are for $100k, especailly the one's that don't need a decent amount of money thrown into them... A fire sale might pop up every so often, but $100k is far from the norm!!!
there is a 37 with 850's for 114k. I am unaware of the condition but at that price you can spend 20-30k and still ahead of the game (price wise compared to the others posted).

i always get a kick out of owners who post there boats for sale, they dont sell and wonder why...either there is no market for it not wanted (due to age, length, look, hardware, etc) or its over priced. pick one. if a boat is marketable and priced to sell, it will. **its a buyers market, no one wants to realize it**

its hard to provide examples of 100k #6 boats as they are a rarity and pop up every now and again. i have seen a few every now and again that appear to be in descent shape. just my 0.02.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

there is a 37 with 850's for 114k. I am unaware of the condition but at that price you can spend 20-30k and still ahead of the game (price wise compared to the others posted).

I always get a kick out of owners who post there boats for sale, they dont sell and wonder why...either there is no market for it not wanted (due to age, length, look, hardware, etc) or its over priced. Pick one. If a boat is marketable and priced to sell, it will. **its a buyers market, no one wants to realize it**

its hard to provide examples of 100k #6 boats as they are a rarity and pop up every now and again. I have seen a few every now and again that appear to be in descent shape. Just my 0.02.
fresh water #6 boat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.