Where's The Bottom???? >

Where's The Bottom????

Notices

Where's The Bottom????

Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
Nice boat with 6s and nice power. People do not realize what it takes to duplicate a boat like that. Unless your hurting for money I would keep the boat before giving it away at that number.
Don't run it anymore, ran the boat handful of times last 3 yrs. Don't want it anymore. Just eating space in my shop. Somebody can get a nice boat setup right for a good #.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Yup........That will do it, damn there are some deals out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Damm Ted thats a good deal for that boat.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure wish it was 140K a year ago........good luck Ted!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Is speedwake the only place it is advertised? Have you called Pier 57 to see what they would pay outright for purchase? They buy used late model boats.

IMO asking prices on boats are the lowest this time of year. After the Miami boat show list that ride on all resorces avaiable. Here, powerboatlistings.com (free) Ebay, boattrader.com. If no interest maybe find a broker by May?

If you want to sell fast you have to make it the lowest price on the market, as sad as that is. Being the lowest will make people do crazy things and open you up to the whole country because shipping cost becomes moot. It is not easy to sell a boat in your price range because it falls into the high end of financed buyers. Sad as it is the guys that want $400k boats pay cash (for the most part) and do not want your boat, they want more. Many guys that want your boat would not be able to get a loan for that amount on such an exotic.

Love the boat BTW, simply amazing to have cabin and speed.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I could be wrong but I think there was only 4 or 5 quad step boats. Think they did it as a special edition type thing
Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered

IMO, these boats still make Links boat seem like a deal. That 47 is advertised for $165k without power, never saw the 42 at Shogren but heard it is rough, it has 900SCs, the cabin interior is really different, and been for sale forever. Don't know anything about the other 42, looks nice, don't know what kind or motors it has but the different color paint on either side would take some getting used to. That one is listed at $169, $29k more that Links.

I just think it takes a while to sell the big power boats these days. It takes a very specific buyer, it seems like the milder power sells these days, especially on boats that are a little bit older. I don't think lowering the price is going to do you any good, you just need to wait out the right buyer. If someone is not the right fit for your rig at $140k, they aren't going to be the right fit at lower price either.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by richanton
IMO, these boats still make Links boat seem like a deal. That 47 is advertised for $165k without power, never saw the 42 at Shogren but heard it is rough, it has 900SCs, the cabin interior is really different, and been for sale forever. Don't know anything about the other 42, looks nice, don't know what kind or motors it has but the different color paint on either side would take some getting used to. That one is listed at $169, $29k more that Links.

I just think it takes a while to sell the big power boats these days. It takes a very specific buyer, it seems like the milder power sells these days, especially on boats that are a little bit older. I don't think lowering the price is going to do you any good, you just need to wait out the right buyer. If someone is not the right fit for your rig at $140k, they aren't going to be the right fit at lower price either.
I agree! It's a GORGEOUS boat! But, the market is crap, also, I agree there are a PILE of people out there who shy away for "big power" ESPECIALLY non Merc big power

The SAD part is your boat MIGHT sell quicker with a pair of 525EFI"s or similar mild, stock power.

If its ANY consolation, your not alone, I see boats all the time on EBay or even here on OSO that have been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced that aren't selling. Heck there is a 39 Quatro with trip 525's for sale for 185K on here that I seem for sale in the back of a boating mag awhile ago for mid 250 ish. 70K less and it's Still not selling.

Not just boats, I have buddies with RV"s, muscle cars, race cars, Harley's, you name it! I guess discretionary spending is the same regardless of hobby )-:

Have you ever thought about trading for something other than a boat? Maybe someone out there has a nice RV, chunk of property, or ???? That they are looking to move and you both could improve your situation.

Beyond that, keep it and let it sit, they don't go stale, its inside, dry and secure, you spent damn good money on it, why give it away?

Different deal if its costing you 2K a month to store it, plus a huge payment every month, but, if you don't NEED to unload it, then let it sit til things turn around.

Better yet! Splash the thing and ENJOY it!!!
(-:
Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
I agree! It's a GORGEOUS boat! But, the market is crap, also, I agree there are a PILE of people out there who shy away for "big power" ESPECIALLY non Merc big power

The SAD part is your boat MIGHT sell quicker with a pair of 525EFI"s or similar mild, stock power.

If its ANY consolation, your not alone, I see boats all the time on EBay or even here on OSO that have been SIGNIFICANTLY reduced that aren't selling. Heck there is a 39 Quatro with trip 525's for sale for 185K on here that I seem for sale in the back of a boating mag awhile ago for mid 250 ish. 70K less and it's Still not selling.

Not just boats, I have buddies with RV"s, muscle cars, race cars, Harley's, you name it! I guess discretionary spending is the same regardless of hobby )-:

Have you ever thought about trading for something other than a boat? Maybe someone out there has a nice RV, chunk of property, or ???? That they are looking to move and you both could improve your situation.

Beyond that, keep it and let it sit, they don't go stale, its inside, dry and secure, you spent damn good money on it, why give it away?

Different deal if its costing you 2K a month to store it, plus a huge payment every month, but, if you don't NEED to unload it, then let it sit til things turn around.

Better yet! Splash the thing and ENJOY it!!!
(-:
The boat is secure, turn key, does everything its supposed to and very clean, but I don't enjoy it anymore. Big center console with Yamaha four strokes and a transom door for the dogs, that's what I enjoy these days.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by links
The boat is secure, turn key, does everything its supposed to and very clean, but I don't enjoy it anymore. Big center console with Yamaha four strokes and a transom door for the dogs, that's what I enjoy these days.

Good for you, I don't care if its a paddle boat or a 120ft Sunseeker, or anything in between, if it gets you on the water and you enjoy it that's ALL that matters!

Good luck with the sale, it's a killer boat (-:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.