2006 42 legacy electrical issues >

2006 42 legacy electrical issues

Notices

2006 42 legacy electrical issues

Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 42 legacy electrical issues

Hi folks, I have a 2006 42 legacy. When I turn on the key no clicks can be heard and the master control panel is dead. I either have dead batts or a voltage regulator out I think. I cannot open engine hatch and because control panel is dead cannot use shore power to charge batts.. Is there another way to get to the batts or something to get the hatch open? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jim.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 32
Hi folks, I have a 2006 42 legacy. When I turn on the key no clicks can be heard and the master control panel is dead. I either have dead batts or a voltage regulator out I think. I cannot open engine hatch and because control panel is dead cannot use shore power to charge batts.. Is there another way to get to the batts or something to get the hatch open? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jim.
You might have one of the automatic battery switches that went out if nothing happens when you turn the key on. Open up your side pouches and there is another zipper inside that you open. Once in there you can switch them to the manual mode and the dash should be live at that point.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are battery posts under the rear seats. Get a jumper pack and you can open the hatch