XXX back in Florida for sale >

XXX back in Florida for sale

Notices

XXX back in Florida for sale

Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX back in Florida for sale

XXX has just arrived in Florida from the fresh water of Georgian Bay and is available for sale. The boat is perfect and ready to go. 47 GTX sit down carbon fiber canopy boat.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o59962-en.html

Last edited by Griff; 12-02-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: OS ad link added
Old 12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good luck on the sale Glenn. It's one bad ass ride

May see ya at the beach soon!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

What's up with the carb roots motors? I have never heard of the engine builder. He may be excellent, I have just never heard of him. It's a a mean ride for sure and the money is right for that power.....but personally I would be looking for modern efi, whipple charged motors with knock protection at that power level. It's nice getting over 200 turn key hours at that power level between refresh intervals.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This boat being a 2005 and having the roots/carb set-up is not unheard of for the vintage. The screw blowers and e.f.i. stuff have really only come on in the last 5 years.

Dave has been around for a lot of years. Never heard a bad word about his work.

WESCO Racing Engines
Dave Wesseldyk
6742 18th Ave.
Jenison, Mi 49428
616-662-2250
http://www.wescoracingengines.com/
Old 12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CIG3
This boat being a 2005 and having the roots/carb set-up is not unheard of for the vintage. The screw blowers and e.f.i. stuff have really only come on in the last 5 years.

Dave has been around for a lot of years. Never heard a bad word about his work.

WESCO Racing Engines
Dave Wesseldyk
6742 18th Ave.
Jenison, Mi 49428
616-662-2250
http://www.wescoracingengines.com/
Ok, now I know who it is. I have always heard good things about Wesco as well. I didn't know who owned it. I am familiar with the boat. I think it originally had 1075 mercs in it. When they redid it, I just didn't understand why they would go backwards in technology at this level of boat. Carbed roots set ups are cheaper to build but they do not have the power and dependability that a well built whipple EFI with knock protection above the 1000hp mark. You will pay way more than the initial cost difference to build modern EFI with knock protection within the first 50 hours of use if you run a big power carbed roots setup hard.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Ok, now I know who it is. I have always heard good things about Wesco as well. I didn't know who owned it. I am familiar with the boat. I think it originally had 1075 mercs in it. When they redid it, I just didn't understand why they would go backwards in technology at this level of boat. Carbed roots set ups are cheaper to build but they do not have the power and dependability that a well built whipple EFI with knock protection above the 1000hp mark. You will pay way more than the initial cost difference to build modern EFI with knock protection within the first 50 hours of use if you run a big power carbed roots setup hard.
Boat was built with big HP Sterlings (to make the record run). Then it got an early set of 1075's and would barely finish a poker run, towards the end it was blowing parts every time it left the dock. Owner traded it to Nortech for a new 44 cat. NT didn't know what to do with it so they repainted it/new interior and Shogren got involved with the re-rig/resale.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
It is my understanding that this is what Wesseldyk is known for, I know of him doing this to a 46' BT, but still a very nice build. I fully understand the point you are making and it makes sense for sure.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Boat was built with big HP Sterlings (to make the record run). Then it got an early set of 1075's and would barely finish a poker run, towards the end it was blowing parts every time it left the dock. Owner traded it to Nortech for a new 44 cat. NT didn't know what to do with it so they repainted it/new interior and Shogren got involved with the re-rig/resale.
That about sums it up. With all the price drops after the redo and new power, I was shocked how low it was down to before it sold! It was one hell of a deal!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
How could that be? According to so many on this site Mercury Power never breaks.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

They had alot of problems with the early 1075's. They worked out alot of the kinks as time went on. If they are converted over to hydraulic roller cams, and a couple of other updates they make super 200 hr packages . Eddie Young and Mark at Precision can freshen the 1075's up you will love them.

I assume since NT did the rework that these were originally 604 cube Ron Potter motors that Dave rebuilt. They look like Potters set ups.

I also have to give credit where credit is due. I have Teague 1100 quadrotors motors and they have been the most trouble free big power motors (if 1100hp is considered big power anymore) I have ever owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.